No - I can't vote ( (1014)
48.03%
ns_2
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
To clarify, it doesn't matter whether you are under 18 and 'not registered to vote'...you can register at 16 or 17, and arguably should.
Doones
  • Volunteer Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ns_2)
To clarify, it doesn't matter whether you are under 18 and 'not registered to vote'...you can register at 16 or 17, and arguably should.
Good point, well made. :yep:
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
On a year abroad at Nottinghams Malaysia campus.
(Original post by Doones)
By the way, EU citizens living (or studying) in the UK can vote in the EUparl elections. Unlike for the Referendum. Have you registered to vote?
ColinDent
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You can register now for the EU Election, and change your address later when you need to.

I'm some countries (eg Australia) it's compulsory to vote. We don't have that here but voting is an important part of adulting
We disagree hugely on brexit but on this I wholeheartedly agree, regardless of your political persuasion you have to vote.
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm registered at home but there's a pretty good chance I'll be in my uni city at the time, where I'm not registered. Good memes.
JMR2019.
  • Debate & Current Affairs Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m Labour - but they are supporting a second referendum this time, so don’t really know about any party I can properly get behind this time round.
Doones
Rep:
?
(Original post by JMR2019.)
I’m Labour - but they are supporting a second referendum this time, so don’t really know about any party I can properly get behind this time round.
Are they?
ThePootisPower
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes, and I also got registered before the deadline for the 2nd of May local and mayoral elections so i'll be voting for North of Tyne mayor as well!
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Are they?
The labour official line seems to change completely every time I hear about it lmao
Doones
Rep:
?
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
The labour official line seems to change completely every time I hear about it lmao
Exactly. The party conference voted for a 2nd ref, but JC certainly hasn't confirmed it for the EU elections the last time I checked.
JMR2019.
  • Debate & Current Affairs Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Are they?
Yes, that’s now the policy.
ns_2
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JMR2019.)
Yes, that’s now the policy.
They don't really show a united desire to actually implement this 'policy', however.
TomSmith12345
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
And this ladies and gentlemen- this poll shows why the toxic leftist inexperienced views of TSR users do not represent that of the country. Nor the will of the people.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TomSmith12345)
And this ladies and gentlemen- this poll shows why the toxic leftist inexperienced views of TSR users do not represent that of the country. Nor the will of the people.
Wut?! How does registering to vote go against "the will of the people"?
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I was just about to say that I'm not really sure what point Tom's trying to make!
ThePootisPower
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
because registering to ensure your voice and hence the voice and will of the people goes against the will of the people

you’re so full of s*** you can be mistook for a sewer at first glance!
TomSmith12345
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Because the majority of users CANT vote. Hence they have no political power and don't deserve it until they've experienced some of the real world. It just shows that all the leftist opinions on this site (who seem like the majority) hold no real political power and have formed their opinions without real experiences of the world. Hence they in fact are the minority. Hence we should promptly ignore them
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Because the majority of users CANT vote. Hence they have no political power and don't deserve it until they've experienced some of the real world. It just shows that all the leftist opinions on this site (who seem like the majority) hold no real political power and have formed their opinions without real experiences of the world. Hence they in fact are the minority. Hence we should promptly ignore them
Are you also saying anyone with left wing ideals is naive?
TomSmith12345
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Are you also saying anyone with left wing ideals is naive?
Anyone as far left as some of the posts I've seen on here are unequivocally naive
ThePootisPower
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Anyone as far left as some of the posts I've seen on here are unequivocally naive
Better to be naive and learning than to shut people who are genuinely interested in politics down for inexperience when everyone has to start somewhere.

Name:  E6504FCF-8BDA-47C5-AD66-2739E3CBB663.jpg.jpeg
Views: 13
Size:  27.0 KB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (292)
31.23%
The paper was reasonable (376)
40.21%
Not feeling great about that exam... (150)
16.04%
It was TERRIBLE (117)
12.51%

Watched Threads