Share your A-level cramming success stories (: Watch

Missradioactive
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Since it's that time of the year again, threads like "Is 3 weeks of revision enough?" have started appearing.

Let's face it-

Not all of us can be fully attentive throughout the dreaded year of A-levels. Burning out is just easier.

Cramming is sometimes the last option left in the worst case scenario.

So...

Did anyone ever cram all the revision the night before or the weeks before A-level exams and still managed to get decent grades ?

Feel free to share your experiences
Last edited by Missradioactive; 1 month ago
gelle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, stayed up from 6pm - 6am the nights before revising and recalling info back to me for all my subjects which are all heavily content based - sociology: A, gov and pol: B
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by gelle; 1 month ago
Ailurophile03
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
nicee, a thread where all crammers can unite and motivate each other
username3492572
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
got a B overall in A level sociology (not as) last year - couldn't revise because i had an operation and had 0 notes for crime, theory or beliefs i just looked at the internet LOOOL it was stressful

hoping for an A/A* this year
username2427341
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I passed my sociology paper 3 mock which I crammed for. Bu then again this is sociology not science lool you can make up anything. Wont do that for the rl ting.
Serbian_2000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did an exam drunk, got my first ever A grade. Alcohol helps recall (state-dependant cues). Should I do it again for the real one? lol calms my nerves, but it did slow me down when I was writing.
steinsgate
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i crammed in a couple weeks and got ABB. now resitting to get 3 As and am about to cram it again in a month lol :s
steinsgate
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
gcses though....diff ballgame of cramming tho lmfao. The stuff you can do in one night haha.
Your Local Cat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My school cancelled AS exams. They are using their own exams instead, except that we have to do it a month early. I have the first chemistry exam on Tuesday and I haven't finished the content yet so... A lot of work to do.
Missradioactive
Rep:
?
(Original post by Your Local Cat)
My school cancelled AS exams. They are using their own exams instead, except that we have to do it a month early. I have the first chemistry exam on Tuesday and I haven't finished the content yet so... A lot of work to do.
I'm confident you CAN do this. Good luck :hugs:
hamantha-smith
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I crammed for GCSEs and got decent grades so I'm holding out hope I can do it again this time around
Missradioactive
Rep:
?
:bump:
Kinyonga
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When I moved schools year before last I discovered I had to write an illustrated ten-page essay (on chiaroscuro), the mark of which would count towards my exam, and which was due one week later. There was also an oral exam on the subject, around a month later I think. Got full marks
LeapingLucy
  • Universities Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yep. My History A-level revision consisted of reading through the textbook until 4am the night before the exam, and I got an A*.

The same tactics also got me a reasonable 2:1 in my first year at uni, but it was not an enjoyable experience and I'm not going to repeat it this year!
Wooord
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This thread was made for me 😪 I still need to start revising for mine
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Loop hoop
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I quite literally did not touch my psychology module until the day before the exam. I did an all-nighter and my exam was in the afternoon. I ended up passing with the highest grade in my class ahaha.
I would suggest you get yourself a whiteboard and start teaching yourself everything outloud whilst drawing - that works best for me.

Also for AS stats I really NEVER LOOKED at a paper and couldnt even answer any questions. I did an allnighter memorised questions and then boom highest maths grade i got for AS maths - A.

Honestly if you are usually a crammer I think you'll be fine. Just teach yourself outloud and be really active. Get some chocolate spread sandwiches and some redbull. You shall be A okay
Serbian_2000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wow lol, an overnight success. If you can do it, I can do it! Lol you did that in like a day, we’ve got like a month, so good for confidence to know that it’s still very possible to do good in the exams
(Original post by Loop hoop)
I quite literally did not touch my psychology module until the day before the exam. I did an all-nighter and my exam was in the afternoon. I ended up passing with the highest grade in my class ahaha.
I would suggest you get yourself a whiteboard and start teaching yourself everything outloud whilst drawing - that works best for me.

Also for AS stats I really NEVER LOOKED at a paper and couldnt even answer any questions. I did an allnighter memorised questions and then boom highest maths grade i got for AS maths - A.

Honestly if you are usually a crammer I think you'll be fine. Just teach yourself outloud and be really active. Get some chocolate spread sandwiches and some redbull. You shall be A okay

(Original post by LeapingLucy)
Yep. My History A-level revision consisted of reading through the textbook until 4am the night before the exam, and I got an A*.

The same tactics also got me a reasonable 2:1 in my first year at uni, but it was not an enjoyable experience and I'm not going to repeat it this year!
alisha.awan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hamantha-smith)
I crammed for GCSEs and got decent grades so I'm holding out hope I can do it again this time around
not gonna lie to you, cramming for gcse's and cramming for a levels are two completely different stories.
alisha.awan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
thats actually amazing

Presto
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You probably had solid concepts or were blessed with a paper that gave you all the qs you knew how to answer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.66%
The paper was reasonable (389)
46.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (156)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (107)
12.69%

Watched Threads