So upset about long distance relationship.. Watch

Beehappy__
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I feel heartbroken because my long distance relationship partner is going on holiday with their friends and I am jealous. I’m jealous because he’s spent money on saving up flights to go on holiday with them yet couldn’t have saved that money to save up to come and fly to see me. I feel like I’m not good enough to be honest and I have nobody to speak to about any of this. I want him to have a have a great time of course I do.. but I feel as if I’m not a priority at all. Just needed somewhere to rant about it as need to get this off my chest. I really don’t know what to do. Will we even work out? Because it seems we won’t anymore to be honest if he’d rather spend time with friends than meet up with me after waiting years.
Last edited by Beehappy__; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Just because he used some of his money to go on a holiday for himself instead of spending it on you doesnt mean youre not his priority. People are allowed to treat themselves to nice things and go on a holiday with their friends.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
You can't blame him for enjoying himself, I have a friend who was in your position and it seems like it's better to leave him before you get too hurt.
Spoiler:
Show
also, the sooner you break it off the sooner you can find a local boyf
Grizwuld
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry to press you it might help if you gave a little more info.

"after waiting years." What does this mean exactly and how have you been working things out so far?

What are your plans for the future etc.
Beehappy__
Rep:
?
We haven’t met yet and have been together for a few years now. We mainly just stay in contact through text now. Used to Skype but can’t remember the last tim we did and when I ask about it it just seems to get pushed to the side
We planned to meet in December but we will only have a week to see one another and I just recently got a job to save up for visiting but I feel devestated knowing he obviously has money to go on holiday but not see me
(Original post by Grizwuld)
Sorry to press you it might help if you gave a little more info.

"after waiting years." What does this mean exactly and how have you been working things out so far?

What are your plans for the future etc.
Callicious
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Frankly I'd end it.

I was in a LDR for a few years and it was going places, we met up several times, etc, but IRL commitments got in the way a lot and it ended on that note in a rather one-sided fashion.

Even if I didn't have much money, what with my family coming from a family that lives on benefits, etc, it was still possible to actually go and visit her. I remember saving up some cash on the daily by skimping out on lunches. The amount of pound coins, Jesus. In the end, I was able to visit for a few weeks and stay with their family while I was there, and it worked out fine.

Clearly if he can afford to go on random holidays with his friends while his lover of many years has yet to even meet him, and that it's clearly bothering his partner while he doesn't seem to bat an eye at it, you should have a serious discussion on the matter with him.

QUICK EDIT
Don't listen directly to my advice and end it. I'm just saying that I'd talk to him and then end it, but the end solution would be ending it. That's just from my current perspective, which is a pretty biased one.
Last edited by Callicious; 1 month ago
Beehappy__
Rep:
?
I know and I feel silly for being so upset about it and of course i want him to enjoy himself but it’s just upsetting when you’ve been waiting a long time to see someone
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just because he used some of his money to go on a holiday for himself instead of spending it on you doesnt mean youre not his priority. People are allowed to treat themselves to nice things and go on a holiday with their friends.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
18.96%
The paper was reasonable (1105)
46.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
21.96%
It was TERRIBLE (294)
12.42%

Watched Threads