Parents want me to study KS2 material from a scam website instead of GCSEs Watch

Jassie03
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I just wanted somebody else's opinion on this.

So my parents have payed £3.5k for this scammish website, they sell it to you as a wonderful educational website with private tutors and all the help and resource you need. Instead the 'tutors' put the phone down on me after 5 mins of ringing, the one time they did pick up they had no idea what they were speaking about. Even though they do have a GCSE option for maths it's outdated (like the visual and clothes seem 20 years old) and seems to be done by Americans (currency in vids). Also to add the website barely runs and super buggy.

I've told this to my parents but they said they paid the money so me and my sister have to use it. Even though my grades are in the 5-7 range I have my own gaps that I need to address and they see I'm stressed but blow up on me whenever I miss out on a day, which takes away concentration, so I find myself ranting on here. Do you think I'm wrong for not wanting to do KS2 english and american 'GSCE' maths.

edit 1 :
My parents said I have to stop revising and do 3 weeks worth of this scammish websites work or he'll take my phone and laptop, thus I won't be able to revise for my exams starting in 23 days. That's fun... as it's likely to take 3-4 hours which means bye-bye to good grades to do further maths lol.
Last edited by Jassie03; 1 month ago
_gcx
  • Study Forum Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Would encourage your parents to try to get their money back. The website frankly sounds useless and that your parents have been taken advantage of, I wouldn't bother using it.
Notnek
  • Study Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jassie03)

So my parents have payed £3.5k for this scammish website, they sell it to you as a wonderful educational website with private tutors and all the help and resource you need. Instead the 'tutors' put the phone down on me after 5 mins of ringing, the one time they did pick up they had no idea what they were speaking about. Even though they do have a GCSE option for maths it's outdated (like the visual and clothes seem 20 years old) and seems to be done by Americans (currency in vids). Also to add the website barely runs and super buggy.

I've told this to my parents but they said they paid the money so me and my sister have to use it. Even though my grades are in the 5-7 range I have my own gaps that I need to address and they see I'm stressed but blow up on me whenever I miss out on a day, which takes away concentration, so I find myself ranting on here. Do you think I'm wrong for not wanting to do KS2 english and american 'GSCE' maths.
3.5k!! You could get a decent tutor to see you in person twice a week all year for that money. This sounds crazy to me.

Are you able to share a link to the website? We can check your claim that it’s no good for GCSE.
Jassie03
Rep:
?
(Original post by Notnek)
3.5k!! You could get a decent tutor to see you in person twice a week all year for that money. This sounds crazy to me.

Are you able to share a link to the website? We can check your claim that it’s no good for GCSE.

yeah I know, I've asked for a few hours with a tutor but they said I should call up the 'tutors' from this place.
the website is exemplar education

https://www.exemplar-education.com/

I've seen other people complain about it on review websites as well.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com...php?p=73663538

the way they work is they sent a leaflet home with younger kids (my sister who was in year 6), I'm pretty sure the school gets some commission or something for it but I'm not sure. Then an agent comes to your home, shows you the website and quotes you.
Jassie03
Rep:
?
They can't get their money back unless you ask for it within 14 weeks of signing the contract, if you don't pay in full you are forced to take out a loan with them.
(Original post by _gcx)
Would encourage your parents to try to get their money back. The website frankly sounds useless and that your parents have been taken advantage of, I wouldn't bother using it.
TeachAllAboutIT
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If they've sold your parents something that isn't for GCSE, then they really do need to go back to the company. If it was missold, then they can request their money back. Does the resource state which exam board they link to? I get why they'd want you to use if after spending that much, but others are right, I would charge that for nearly 90 hours of 1-2-1 tuition!

Holly

Tutor | IT Nerd | TeachAllAboutIt :work:
(Original post by Jassie03)

Jassie03
Rep:
?
It was also sold to us with my sister in mind as well, who's younger, my parents force me to do the KS2 english. Some of the maths is in the curriculum however I need to double check and the website is so laggy that I prefer to use other websites such as Hegarty Maths.
(Original post by TeachAllAboutIT)
If they've sold your parents something that isn't for GCSE, then they really do need to go back to the company. If it was missold, then they can request their money back. Does the resource state which exam board they link to? I get why they'd want you to use if after spending that much, but others are right, I would charge that for nearly 90 hours of 1-2-1 tuition!

Holly

Tutor | IT Nerd | TeachAllAboutIt :work:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (142)
21.16%
The paper was reasonable (327)
48.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (126)
18.78%
It was TERRIBLE (76)
11.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise