Not sure if this is a modelling scam help Watch

Chrisbo92
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've applied for various modeling jobs and one got back to me called phase one management you can't really search for them on Google unless you type phase1m (which I found out after visiting their website) but the link in their email seems to work. They have a nice looking website, it has an Instagram link but it doesn't work it just takes you back to their page which has pictures of past models. Anyway they sent me an email and a text so I called them and they want to work with me but I have to pay a £50 deposit which I will get back. The guy Adam I spoke to said it was because of people who book an appointment then don't turn up so it was to cover losses because of it. I wasn't sure so I said that I would think about it I left it a bit longer than a week and he has called a few times now. I spoke to him again today and said that I couldn't find much about the company online and the studio (le'pel studios) and that the Instagram link on his website didn't work and that I didn't want this to be a scam, so asked if I could meet him in person, come to the office. He said I couldn't come to the office because of health and safety and also for client confidentiality, I asked why that was after he said a few other things, and he said it's not so much health and safety is in case people try to take pictures of clothes etc. In regards to the Instagram link he said that it must have been a typo and that it shouldn't be on there after him saying that they don't have any social media that's why I wouldn't have found much about them on the internet. He then carried on saying how good it would be to work together and that to not just do it for them but yourself and that he didn't want me to pass on the opportunity. He then also name dropped "Stormzy" (even though he said there was confidentiality) and said that one of their projects was coming to an end soon and that they can't hold on the slot forever because of other applicants. He tried to convince me alot over the phone but I still don't trust him, is it even normal for them to call you this many times? I just really don't know what to do can anyone help?
Last edited by Chrisbo92; 1 month ago
ThePootisPower
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The £50 pound deposit is the first red flag, the lies about social media is the second, and the third is the fact that phase 1 management won’t even let you visit them.

DO NOT TRUST THIS JOB. get work literally anywhere else.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Chrisbo92
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you so much for the quick reply, I thought so do you know of any places that are reputable?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (470)
30.8%
The paper was reasonable (591)
38.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (255)
16.71%
It was TERRIBLE (210)
13.76%

Watched Threads