The Student Room Group

Not sure if this is a modelling scam help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jerrel
You can’t apply to be a model and expect everything to be paid for ... what happens when u don’t put your 100% into anymore or you decided it’s not what you want basically the modelling agency will lose every investment and money they spent on you

Thanks for leaping to the defence of this dodgy studio with your first ever post.

Multiple people have reported bad experiences there over many months. More fool anyone else who falls for this.
I’m so glad I’ve researched and came across this because this company called me today after I applied.Not going to lie I’m actually gutted seeing that it’s a scam.I thought it was normal to be asked for a deposit but something was telling me to google it and check them out which is when I came across this page.I’ve never done any kind of modeling before but I thought why not.Honestly was looking forward to the thought of making life abit more comfortable and be able to do more in general and I thought that this was going to be my new journey
Original post by cindy62
Hi! I was there on 12th of May and they said they'll give me my deposit of £50 back. That never happened and no one picks up when I call them either. :-/

all it took was some digging companies house and the studio etc . Also works at River models they are all connected to all the same scam. I got my money back. good luck
Original post by Chrisbo92
I've applied for various modeling jobs and one got back to me called phase one management you can't really search for them on Google unless you type phase1m (which I found out after visiting their website) but the link in their email seems to work. They have a nice looking website, it has an Instagram link but it doesn't work it just takes you back to their page which has pictures of past models. Anyway they sent me an email and a text so I called them and they want to work with me but I have to pay a £50 deposit which I will get back. The guy Adam I spoke to said it was because of people who book an appointment then don't turn up so it was to cover losses because of it. I wasn't sure so I said that I would think about it I left it a bit longer than a week and he has called a few times now. I spoke to him again today and said that I couldn't find much about the company online and the studio (le'pel studios) and that the Instagram link on his website didn't work and that I didn't want this to be a scam, so asked if I could meet him in person, come to the office. He said I couldn't come to the office because of health and safety and also for client confidentiality, I asked why that was after he said a few other things, and he said it's not so much health and safety is in case people try to take pictures of clothes etc. In regards to the Instagram link he said that it must have been a typo and that it shouldn't be on there after him saying that they don't have any social media that's why I wouldn't have found much about them on the internet. He then carried on saying how good it would be to work together and that to not just do it for them but yourself and that he didn't want me to pass on the opportunity. He then also name dropped "Stormzy" (even though he said there was confidentiality) and said that one of their projects was coming to an end soon and that they can't hold on the slot forever because of other applicants. He tried to convince me alot over the phone but I still don't trust him, is it even normal for them to call you this many times? I just really don't know what to do can anyone help?

Did you get work?
Hi, I was also taken in and have reported the company to action fraud. £6,000 for an enhanced care package, with a promise of adverts with John Lewis and Lucozade.It is a very sophisticated operation designed to suck you in with every promise, knowledge base, how it works, what I will get, money I would earn, it’s endless. I even had a casting director with me for my photo shoot in the stree. I looked them up in companies house, it all seems genuine even though it was too good to be true.I had to borrow the money, I am an older woman just wanting something exciting in my life.It’s a Scam, I’ve never been so hurt, angry and upset with the company and with myself, I am now left with a huge debt. I looked at the reviews on Trust Pilot, not good reading.
Walk away. Periodt. There are too many red flags from what you said, hun.
Real modelling agencies wouldnt ask for your money, they'd genuinely want to work with you. Fake modelling agencies are just after your money for their own selfish and deceitful benefit, its atrocious.
Hey, i just literally put the deposit down and im going there on the 12th August, should i try get my money back before i go or?
Original post by Yas7297
Walk away. Periodt. There are too many red flags from what you said, hun.
Real modelling agencies wouldnt ask for your money, they'd genuinely want to work with you. Fake modelling agencies are just after your money for their own selfish and deceitful benefit, its atrocious.

Shi, they said they would refund the money when we get there, so i dont know what i should do.
There is no way that I would attend in person, even to try and get a refund. Contact them via phone and / or email and request a refund. Tell them you are moving unexpectedly and that you won’t be able to attend in the future.
Original post by Abde2004
Hey, i just literally put the deposit down and im going there on the 12th August, should i try get my money back before i go or?

You should definitely do whatever you can to get your money back. As far as modelling agencies go, asking for money upfront is a pretty big clue they're not genuine.
I relate here, just has a, call this morning and I was so excited because I thought why not but when he started complimenting me loads I felt dodgy and then he asked for the deposit and insisted he can't wait for me and needs the deposit, when he doubled it I felt uneasy so I've told him I'll call him back, I'm so glad I found this site
I got tricked by them I just wanted to feel good about myself so I was sucked in. My appointment is in 7 days so I’ve got enough time to cancel and be refunded by their words (it has to be over 5 days before)
Hi, I have been called today from a jayde wanting £50 to go for a photoshoot in London, telephone 020 0309 1357I entered a competition on Facebook for modellingShe didn't ask for my measurements, only dress sizeShe's emailed me, address: jaydemodelnetwork, anyway I won't be paying the £50 , sorry you got scammed, hope these details help...
Original post by Alesha1991
You should definitely do whatever you can to get your money back. As far as modelling agencies go, asking for money upfront is a pretty big clue they're not genuine.

How did it go??
What if it’s just gone past 12 am and it’s 4 days to refund??
Oh me and my friend had one of those modelling things it was 50 pound deposit but we lied saying we only had 5 pounds each as we had to catch a train home (this was outside Westfield, Stratford)

So funny we ended up paying I think 5 pounds each, so instead of us being ripped off I think we ripped her off :cool:
What if it’s just gone past 12 am and it’s 4 days to refund??
Social media are scammers. I booked my son a shoot paying £50 deposit which they said we would get back if we turned up for the shoot. We went and there was a security guard on the door which I thought was a bit strange? The girl who let us in was very grumpy and the guy on the desk wasn't very talkative he was on his phone most of the time. The studios were a bit scruffy as well. We did the shoot then went in a room with a woman called LEX a blond skinny woman. She seemed very nice and praised Alphiee on how well he did and then said she got him a job already with under armour a 3.5 k job but we must pay a £1000 deposit to secure the job we were shocked. She threw a few of the images on a usb stick which were substandard and told us to get back to her by Sunday. I text her 4 times and phoned asking her what was happening she never answered my texts or calls. I tried to contact the studio 5 times no answer, I tried to email a girl called JODIE SMITH who I booked the shoot with she had turned her email to no reply so i couldn't even contact her and I havant been able to contact them since. They regularly change things even their name have different emails that dont work its run by Scammers. The address of the studio is 26a Market Place Fitzrovia W1W 8AW. PLEASE SEND THIS TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE they need shutting down.
Original post by David Gont
Social media are scammers. I booked my son a shoot paying £50 deposit which they said we would get back if we turned up for the shoot. We went and there was a security guard on the door which I thought was a bit strange? The girl who let us in was very grumpy and the guy on the desk wasn't very talkative he was on his phone most of the time. The studios were a bit scruffy as well. We did the shoot then went in a room with a woman called LEX a blond skinny woman. She seemed very nice and praised Alphiee on how well he did and then said she got him a job already with under armour a 3.5 k job but we must pay a £1000 deposit to secure the job we were shocked. She threw a few of the images on a usb stick which were substandard and told us to get back to her by Sunday. I text her 4 times and phoned asking her what was happening she never answered my texts or calls. I tried to contact the studio 5 times no answer, I tried to email a girl called JODIE SMITH who I booked the shoot with she had turned her email to no reply so i couldn't even contact her and I havant been able to contact them since. They regularly change things even their name have different emails that dont work its run by Scammers. The address of the studio is 26a Market Place Fitzrovia W1W 8AW. PLEASE SEND THIS TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE they need shutting down.

Thanks for sharing. Did you pay the £1k or did they just start blanking you when asked questions?

If you have paid anything by card you may be able to get it back via chargeback, (especially if they have not provided you the goods services that they claimed). Contact your bank to do this.
Hi, David! We had the same history as yours! We paid 1152€ and sign the contract, unfortunately in that contract it says like they are not model agency, and they do not offer any work, when we left their office we realised that we been scammed... my wife call the bank to stop the transfer, the bank retuned the money, but know those bustards (social media modelling) are keep emailing us and intimidate us like they will go to court because we don’t pay for their services, and last Saturday received the letter from them with advice to pay them otherwise they will go to court... does any one has any ideas what they can do? Appreciate for any help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending