The Student Room Group

Bad pain when trying to have sex??

I've been with my boyfriend a few years now and due to strict parents we've only been able to have a few opportunities where we can have sex.
We have a lot of foreplay and we always want to take it to the next level but whenever he tries to put it in it's quite difficult to and I get really sudden sharp pain and he says he doesn't want to force me to do it if I'm in pain.
I don't know if the pain i feel is the right amount of pain if you're having sex for the first time? It feels very sharp, even if I'm on top and can change the depth and direction of how he enters me.
It makes me feel like there's something wrong with me and I'm preventing my boyfriend from having sex... Could this be a subconscious reaction by my body to the thought of having something inside me? I dont use tampons when i'm on my period which may have something to do with it
I would appreciate any advice on this thanks xxx
Original post by Anonymous
I've been with my boyfriend a few years now and due to strict parents we've only been able to have a few opportunities where we can have sex.
We have a lot of foreplay and we always want to take it to the next level but whenever he tries to put it in it's quite difficult to and I get really sudden sharp pain and he says he doesn't want to force me to do it if I'm in pain.
I don't know if the pain i feel is the right amount of pain if you're having sex for the first time? It feels very sharp, even if I'm on top and can change the depth and direction of how he enters me.
It makes me feel like there's something wrong with me and I'm preventing my boyfriend from having sex... Could this be a subconscious reaction by my body to the thought of having something inside me? I dont use tampons when i'm on my period which may have something to do with it
I would appreciate any advice on this thanks xxx

It's normal to feel some pain, I did. However you should be able to move past this and the pain should fade. Without being too detailed, are you able to insert other objects like fingers inside you without issue? If this also hurts, then you may have a condition causing the vaginal to becoming abnormally tense and you can see your doctor for help. If this doesn't hurt, then it could just be nerves. Your body naturally wants to protect itself so if you tense up even without realising it can cause pain.

I also recommend using lube if you don't already to help.

Quick Reply

Latest