Which part of London is the best? Watch

artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
That one block which has the Science Museum, Natural History Museum, and Victoria & Albert Museum on it.
sfaraj
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
south (west) is my ends but nah i agree, really not much to do but croydon and kingston are good when i cba to go central
(Original post by stqrlord)
Mate so do I (kinda, south west specifically) its just the most dead. Its not that there's anything wrong with it, there's just nothing right either.
north is good for camden market and that stuff although last time i went to camden was only brief to get on the tube and ngl it could do with a little work done but i didnt see all of camden so thats fair, tbf i dont hang round east too much. west it where i tend to go to more often mainly hammersmith, harrow and ealing it depends on why im in london if its friends i go west (thats where they live) if its just to go out and about, its north, if im staying round home its south but to be honest i spend most of my time in central london thats where the shops and food is
sfaraj
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by realistorange)
the best part of londanistan is Baghdad
im guessing londanistan is a play on pakistan in which case you should go back to geography class x
Moments
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by thestudent33)
riff raff yh? Look at you
Indeed; the petty criminals, gangsters, voluntary jobless/homeless, mentally insane .... unfortunately in a city of 8.5m there’s a lot of them and more tolerance of them under British law.
natninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Clearly SW5, I mean I live there - what more could you want?
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Euston Station, quickest escape to the North. :happy2:
harrysbar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Euston Station, quickest escape to the North. :happy2:
Don't you mean quickest sanctuary from the North
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
South Ken/Knightsbridge - but would have to sell my soul to live there, Richmond, Kew, Barnet, Stanmore, and Kingston upon Thames are really nice too... generally avoid the East, probably paranoid, but see it as a place full of crime and as unsafe, though some places looking quite good now..
Last edited by BlueIndigoViolet; 5 months ago
greenteascratchy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Depends what you want ig

I come from East so I find in terms of history its the most interesting because of all the foreign influences and ofc... me ayyy

I love theatreland (West End), South Kensington where the Natural History Museum is or on the other hand the edgy North Camden area or even Spitalfields.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Don't you mean quickest sanctuary from the North
If you want to provide some crime statistics to work out where you need to take sanctuary from then be my guest.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
If you want to provide some crime statistics to work out where you need to take sanctuary from then be my guest.
I'm not really a statistics type of person and was only kidding
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Wherever Camden is. Love that place.
missingh1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
south east and suburbs but east too!
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by MidgetFever)
Wherever Camden is. Love that place.
Yay! It's another vote for North London. I love Camden Market and espeicially the place selling halloumi fries with natural yoghurt :yeah:
JohanGRK
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Moments)
Canary Wharf is a nice area to work. Security round there keeps the riff raff away for the most part.
Not really. It's like living in a parallel universe to the rest of the capital. It's also dead af
Themysticalegg
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by thestudent33)
riff raff yh? Look at you
Bloody peasants dirtying our streets! (Not my view :lol: I live in Swansea.)
JohanGRK
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
The objectively correct answer to this is Covent Garden btw

if you have the money :innocent:
JohanGRK
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
halloumi fries with natural yoghurt :yeah:
As someone who hails from that part of the world, what the literal f*ck have you Anglos been doing to our food
BasicMistake
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
West End for stuff to do.

SW as a nice place to be.
Moments
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by JohanGRK)
Not really. It's like living in a parallel universe to the rest of the capital. It's also dead af
That's precisely why i think it's good. For 8 hours a day, 100,000 people are in one place with the same goal, to do their jobs and sod off afterwards.

London is a grim place to work at the best of times compared to other cities like Zurich, Melbourne, Singapore, San Fran. A little island where you can get away from it all for a few hours is bliss.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (41)
7.78%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (308)
58.44%
No (178)
33.78%

Watched Threads