The Student Room Group

GCSE's in one month...ned help revising!

My GCSE's start on 14 May and I want to achieve 6s, 7s and 8s for majority of my exams. In terms of academic performance, I would call myself average because I do get decent grades. I do best in written subjects like English and History, than subjects like Maths. Last PPE's I got 5, 6 and 7s in English Lit, Lang and History, and in Maths I got a 4. Science I did average and got a 4. The problem with me is during my time in secondary school I have never constantly revised. I only revise 3-2 days before an exam and I've never stuck to a timetable. I applied to a prestige sixth form and got accepted, but they want me to get 6/7s and above. I've been trying to study hard, but due to not being used to revising consistently, I'm procrastinating a little. I want to improve Maths and Science the most but with only a months time, is it possible to get a least a 6 in maths or science, and is there any tips for me on how to revise/resources to revise with?
Original post by Musanriq
My GCSE's start on 14 May and I want to achieve 6s, 7s and 8s for majority of my exams. In terms of academic performance, I would call myself average because I do get decent grades. I do best in written subjects like English and History, than subjects like Maths. Last PPE's I got 5, 6 and 7s in English Lit, Lang and History, and in Maths I got a 4. Science I did average and got a 4. The problem with me is during my time in secondary school I have never constantly revised. I only revise 3-2 days before an exam and I've never stuck to a timetable. I applied to a prestige sixth form and got accepted, but they want me to get 6/7s and above. I've been trying to study hard, but due to not being used to revising consistently, I'm procrastinating a little. I want to improve Maths and Science the most but with only a months time, is it possible to get a least a 6 in maths or science, and is there any tips for me on how to revise/resources to revise with?

Yes ofc it's possible! I know so so many year 12s who've jumped from 3s in the mocks to grade 8/9s in the real thing, make sure you start revising as soon as possible though :smile:

I would advise you to ditch making notes, if you are, for subjects other than English. Print out specifications for each subject and use your revision guide religiously. Go through your revision guide, using your specification, and don't learn thing you don't need to. For example, I know science textbooks give unnecessary detail on topics- highlight what you need to know! Use your specification as a checklist going through your textbooks.

Once you have actually learnt the content (or in between learning), you should be doing past papers constantly, I know we have a limited number of past papers, but you can find a LOT of good practice papers online. For science, Primrose kitten has a bunch of affordable predicted papers with grade boundaries. Buy the 2018 and 2019 predicted papers and work through them, you might want to do a few open book if you wish :tongue: Use physics and maths tutors to print out notes and exam questions. You can also use mathsgenie for maths :smile:

Good luck! :hugs:
If you want to do really well in GCSE maths use this website gscecloud.com/courseuse SHAJIB180 for discount Check them out before on instagram They both cover foundation and higherReally helped me out
If you want to do really well in GCSE maths use this website
gscecloud.com/course
use SHAJIB180 for discount
Check them out before on instagram
They both cover foundation and higher
Really helped me out

Quick Reply

Latest