Dropping out Watch

WhyAreWeHere23
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I’m over half way through first year of A-level and I absolutely hate it but I’m confused on what I could do if I drop out any advice?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by WhyAreWeHere23)
I’m over half way through first year of A-level and I absolutely hate it but I’m confused on what I could do if I drop out any advice?
What would you like to do?
WhyAreWeHere23
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
What would you like to do?
Photography or something media. Anything creative
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
idontkn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
See if your sixth form offers btec photography or media. I know my sixth form college does. What subjects were you doing and are you struggling in them?
WhyAreWeHere23
Rep:
?
They only have As and I can’t keep up and do all the work on time and there’s so much pressure from my teachers
PeachyBaz11
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I left 6th form in December, and found an apprenticeship as a teaching assistant.
However I am finding it monotonous and I miss learning new things every day- for this reason I am considering returning.
My advice is unless you find something you are SURE you want to do for the rest of your life, stick at 6th form
idontkn
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What grades are you getting? If you're failing all 3 then you should consider doing something else like a btec or an apprenticeship. If you are struggling in one of them (I was and it made me ill and my sixth form didn't let me drop it so I left altogether, I know it's drastic but that's me) then I would say try getting extra help from your teacher or see if you can drop it after this year if you completely fail and pick up AS photography. People usually do crap in the first year anyway.
WhyAreWeHere23
Rep:
?
Thank you this really helped me going to school makes me feel heavy and sad this made me more comfortable thank you
idontkn
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I left sixth form with no plan, I am just at home suffering from illness. I was not planning to drop out. I would say unless you have a plan on what you want to do, persevere and stick at it. It's only one more year and apparently A2 is very short. It's only from september-march and then April you are just revising and may is study leave (if your sixth form offers it) then your exams are in June. It will be over before you know it. It may also open more doors in the future if you ever decide you want to go to university.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by WhyAreWeHere23)
They only have As and I can’t keep up and do all the work on time and there’s so much pressure from my teachers
Have a look around other local colleges to see what courses they offer. There’s a few extended diploma btecs in creative media that might suit you. They’re 2 year courses to get the full qualification but they’re excellent preparation for creative degrees or work. And because they’re quite broad based qualifications you get the chance to try out different things to find out what suits you best.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (145)
17.64%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9%
No I am happy with my course choice (485)
59%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (118)
14.36%

Watched Threads