The Student Room Group

2:2 second year, can I get a 2:1?

So I'm finishing my degree this year and I am really freaking out that I will not get a 2:1 by the end of it. Plus I cannot do simple maths.

Second year is 1/3 of my degree, so is third year and dissertation (set out in two assignments 25% and 75%).

I average a 56% second year, am averaging a 65% third year. I got 74% for my dissertation proposal which is 25% of my dissertation mark.

If someone is clever enough...what do I need to average to get a 2:1?

Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm finishing my degree this year and I am really freaking out that I will not get a 2:1 by the end of it. Plus I cannot do simple maths.

Second year is 1/3 of my degree, so is third year and dissertation (set out in two assignments 25% and 75%).

I average a 56% second year, am averaging a 65% third year. I got 74% for my dissertation proposal which is 25% of my dissertation mark.

Thank you!

You need to average 62 in third year. On the figures you have given above, you should get a 2.1.
Original post by Anonymous

Thank you!

Hey, is there someone at your uni you can speak to about this? AT my uni you can book appointments to help work out what you need to get what you want. Maybe ask your help desk for advice?
Sophia

Quick Reply

Latest