Biology GCSE Watch

FreshPrince102
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Ive heard if you want get best grades in biology (9) you basically just memorise the revision guide. is this true as ive started going through the kerboodle ocr one and also going through questions
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
FreshPrince102
Rep:
?
Bump
angrybear247
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
content is an important part of getting a high grade.. but to get the highest grades (8-9) you need to be practising exam questions.. this is because no matter how well you know the topic you need to know how to answer the question in the exact words that the examiners are looking for.. to do this i would suggest doing practise exam papers and then reading the mark scheme to see what the examiners are looking for in the answers.. most of the questions in the real thing will be similar to those on the specimen papers so you're bound to do well good luck!!
FreshPrince102
Rep:
?
(Original post by angrybear247)
content is an important part of getting a high grade.. but to get the highest grades (8-9) you need to be practising exam questions.. this is because no matter how well you know the topic you need to know how to answer the question in the exact words that the examiners are looking for.. to do this i would suggest doing practise exam papers and then reading the mark scheme to see what the examiners are looking for in the answers.. most of the questions in the real thing will be similar to those on the specimen papers so you're bound to do well good luck!!
ok thank you but i am already going through the cgp biology exam book where it has questions for all topics
angrybear247
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
yesss that is a great book.. maybe if you have time after you finish most of the questions print out the specimen exam papers for your board. they also have a grade 8-9 targeted exam practise work book which i find really helpful as it has only the most difficult questions
(Original post by FreshPrince102)
ok thank you but i am already going through the cgp biology exam book where it has questions for all topics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Bloomsbury Undergraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (39)
24.22%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (55)
34.16%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (27)
16.77%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (14)
8.7%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (26)
16.15%

Watched Threads