RAF Police initial rank and starting salary after training Watch

Kg577001
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Can anyone advise about initial rank and starting salary for RAF Police after training?

I am given to understand it is an 'Acting NCO' rank but does not attract the pay associated with the rank but when I compare this to the RMP they are promoted to Corporal after training and receive salary associated to that rank?

Can anyone verify this?
AlphaTango
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Acting Cpl paid SAC I believe.
Kg577001
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AlphaTango)
Acting Cpl paid SAC I believe.
Thank you.., it was just when I went to AFCO they came across as unsure and they seemed to speculate that, unlike RMP, the 'acting' rank didn't carry the NCOs salary with it.
I asked for clarity but just didn't get it which surprised me...
Ikaruss
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just for a giggle I did a quick search on the Army network (bottoms up) for stuff to do with snowdrops. I think this post from 2013 sums it up nicely

Try NCP car parks, you'll receive a lot more respect and you'll also get more job satisfaction and better pay, terms and conditions. You also won't have the embarrassment of being partnered up with a fluffy land shark, which everyone will agree is smarter looking, nicer to be around and more intelligent than you. 😁

Seriously, Kg, you express surprise that the AFCO couldn't clarify the rank and pay structure of the role you're interested in. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Maybe Adam the recruiter can do some digging for you.
RAF_Adam
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kg577001)
Can anyone advise about initial rank and starting salary for RAF Police after training?

I am given to understand it is an 'Acting NCO' rank but does not attract the pay associated with the rank but when I compare this to the RMP they are promoted to Corporal after training and receive salary associated to that rank?

Can anyone verify this?
Hi

Will try and find out, I don't know off the top of my head.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (410)
30.35%
The paper was reasonable (535)
39.6%
Not feeling great about that exam... (230)
17.02%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
13.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed