The Student Room Group

Msc Marketing Exeter vs Strathclyde?

I got an offer in Msc marketing from Exeter and Strathclyde, however when look at the ranking for business school and marketing field Strathclyde is much better. But when look at overall university Exeter is better.

For future career which university is better

Moreover Exeter has 9 months course which I don't have to do the dissertation and more optional module (like digital marketing,Brand Design)*

While Strathclyde have only 1 optional module.

Please help me make the decision

Can you tell me more information about city or living.
Rankings mean little. Which course is better suited to your academic interests? Do you want to work in research (in which case doing a dissertation will help) or would you rather do those additional optional modules?
Original post by VP95
I got an offer in Msc marketing from Exeter and Strathclyde, however when look at the ranking for business school and marketing field Strathclyde is much better. But when look at overall university Exeter is better.

For future career which university is better

Moreover Exeter has 9 months course which I don't have to do the dissertation and more optional module (like digital marketing,Brand Design)*

While Strathclyde have only 1 optional module.

Please help me make the decision

Can you tell me more information about city or living.
Reply 2
Exeter is more well known internationally as well as in England.
Original post by alleycat393
Rankings mean little. Which course is better suited to your academic interests? Do you want to work in research (in which case doing a dissertation will help) or would you rather do those additional optional modules?
Original post by Film
Exeter is more well known internationally as well as in England.

That doesn’t answer any of my questions or take into account what I said!
Reply 4
Sure it does. As it is more we’ll known, it will be better for your future career.
Original post by alleycat393
That doesn’t answer any of my questions or take into account what I said!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending