Journalist shot dead in Derry during rioting in the city Watch

Themysticalegg
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Airmed)
I'm the same, don't worry. My social media feeds have been flooded with this theory all weekend. I've not yet called home but I reckon I'll be told the same when I do later today.
How sick can they be, to open fire randomly on a street just to impress a film crew. Surely they are smart enough to know that it only takes one stray bullet to kill someone. When they are literally aiming at a crowd of not only PSNI officers but also civilians. Sometimes my faith in humanity just goes down the drain, when I hear things like this. Was it really worth destroying a family, could the shooter imagine what he and his family would of felt if the same happened to them. Probably not seeing as they decided to fire at a crowd of people.
Airmed
  • Volunteer Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Themysticalegg)
How sick can they be, to open fire randomly on a street just to impress a film crew. Surely they are smart enough to know that it only takes one stray bullet to kill someone. When they are literally aiming at a crowd of not only PSNI officers but also civilians. Sometimes my faith in humanity just goes down the drain, when I hear things like this. Was it really worth destroying a family, could the shooter imagine what he and his family would of felt if the same happened to them. Probably not seeing as they decided to fire at a crowd of people.
They really don't care. Saoradh marched on O'Connell Street in Dublin over the weekend. They've no shame. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...blin-1.3867379
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Just my opinion
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
From BBC website .
"The New IRA has admitted responsibility for the murder of journalist Lyra McKee, according to the Irish News."

" In a statement given to the paper the group offered "full and sincere apologies" to her family and friends."

Lyra McKee killing: 'New IRA' admits responsibility - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48018615

Perhaps this would mean a bit more if they handed over the person responsible.
Last edited by Just my opinion; 4 weeks ago
Doones
  • Volunteer Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just to remind people what daily life used to be like in Northern Ireland - this is how we went shopping in Belfast city centre:

Name:  D40_FyNXsAEWdno.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  41.3 KB
Themysticalegg
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Doones)
Just to remind people what daily life used to be like in Northern Ireland - this is how we went shopping in Belfast city centre:

Name:  D40_FyNXsAEWdno.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  41.3 KB
Oh wow.... do you still live in Belfast? I went there once recently and fell in love with Northern Ireland.
Doones
  • Volunteer Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Themysticalegg)
Oh wow.... do you still live in Belfast? I went there once recently and fell in love with Northern Ireland.
Nope, I've been on the "mainland" since the Eighties.

It's a lovely place - for a short visit... I doubt I'll ever return to live there permanently unless something amazing happens.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (492)
31.06%
The paper was reasonable (610)
38.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (258)
16.29%
It was TERRIBLE (224)
14.14%

Watched Threads