kimkywep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
i heard from my friend that apparently its completely and utterly unlikely that tissue will come up on the exam because AQA doesnt have higher or foundation tier so it would be unfair on less able students to put it on the exam. do you think this is true? would love to hear your opinions
fatheha123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I seen that as well but Im not completely sure. You should still revise over it though because you never know
(Original post by kimkywep)
i heard from my friend that apparently its completely and utterly unlikely that tissue will come up on the exam because AQA doesnt have higher or foundation tier so it would be unfair on less able students to put it on the exam. do you think this is true? would love to hear your opinions
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
The 2017 and 2018 papers had Ozymandias and Bayonet Charge, which I think are easy poems to analyse. So I think your friend is likely right. If they do include Tissue, the grade boundaries might go down this year. I think they'll include poems like Remains and Poppies, which are straightforward compared to a poem like Tissue.
fatheha123
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Im studying Romeo and J, inspector Calls and jekyll and hyde and power and conflict poetry. What do you think might come up?
fatheha123
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
My exams officer at school said were not allowed to highlight text for the exam. Is that right?
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by fatheha123)
My exams officer at school said were not allowed to highlight text for the exam. Is that right?
You can highlight text in extracts and questions but not in your answers - this is because highlighted text doesn't scan well and scripts are mostly scanned in to be sent to the markers. (You also need to be a bit careful about highlighting anything in the answer book - do it too strongly and it shows through and make make your answer on the back of the page illegible when scanned.)
hotcrossbun7
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
hmmm i'd say not (at least that's what i'm hoping for) because it's such a niche poem, very few people will actually give the detailed answers required
laurenevans30
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
any predictions for AQA

Blood brothers

Christmas carol

Romeo and Juliet

Love and relationship poem
Rebekah_951
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by laurenevans30)
any predictions for AQA

Blood brothers

Christmas carol

Romeo and Juliet

Love and relationship poem
(Original post by fatheha123)
Im studying Romeo and J, inspector Calls and jekyll and hyde and power and conflict poetry. What do you think might come up?
Romeo and Juliet- FATE it has never come up before, and considering last year was character (relationships) likely to be a theme, or if it is a character FRIAR LAWRENCE.

Jekyll and Mr Hyde- UTTERSON horrible and boring character but again everyone is predicting him for our exams.

Power and Conflict- yes it is true aqua will pick an accessible poem so tissue is unlikely to come up, however considering last years poem was OZymandias, this years one is most likely going to be about conflict and a longer poem, but one that is still accessible to all. So revise REMAINS, KAMIKAZE, THE EMIGREE most likely going to be one of them 3.
Filipina.x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
My guesses:
A Christmas Carol- social responsibility
Power and Conflict- War Photographer

and the rest I do DNA and Macbeth
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (43)
32.33%
No (68)
51.13%
Don't know (22)
16.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise