Wearing a hoodie with shorts? (good look or bad?) Watch

CollegeStudent99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have noticed this combination has become quite popular in the UK in recent years, especially among boys, teenagers, students and men in their 20's, 30's and even 40's (though I have seen a few girls do it as well).

What do you think about this look? My girlfriend thinks it's cute and seems to like it when I show her pics on my smartphone of me wearing it. She actually prefers me wearing shorts over jeans.

I personally like it as it gives off a sort of relaxed, chilled vibe if you know what I mean. A nice casual, easy-going, sporty, comfortable outfit.

I know some people say "if it's not warm enough for a t-shirt then you shouldn't be wearing shorts" but the way I see it it's no different from wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants.

I have noticed this combo seems to be particularly popular with male college students, especially during the warmer months.

I do wear this combo sometimes, esspecially in the house, I find it very comfy, more comfortable than I would be in jeans and a t-shirt for example.

Yesterday it was 17C and Sunny and I went out wearing grey shorts with a t-shirt and a black zip-up hoodie, with the zipper pulled down a bit to make it look a bit more summery.

On the way back I pulled the zip fully open and pushed the sleeves up a bit, as it got quite warm. It felt very pleasant. I could have worn a t-shirt I suppose but:

1. There was a slight breeze.
2. My arms get cold a lot easier than my legs.
3. My house isn't usually warm enough to wear a t-shirt inside (indoor temp typically around 18-19C).

I find this combo very practical (esspecially with a zip-up hoodie) becuase if it gets too warm I can open the zipper and push the sleeves up or even take it off altogether and tie it round my waist and if it gets too cold I can put the hood up. Also I find I can regulate my body temperature better when I wear shorts (less likely to overheat when walking) than if I was wearing pants.

I also find this combination comfortable at night as well (say if it's 12C with no wind).

So do you wear this combination a lot are just when you are at the gym or playing sport?

Here are few examples to see what i mean:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eAkMZENCvqV7oRM68
Last edited by CollegeStudent99; 4 weeks ago
batter mix
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why so many breaks in your post?

Also, as a girl, I do this often.

Spoiler:
Show
I have very nice legs
randomsheep11
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
For me, in most cases wearing shorts with long sleeves is a big no no. It just looks bizarre.
sinfonietta
  • Life & Style Forum Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's really not that deep. People tend to just feel the cold more easily in their shoulders/arms than in their legs.
CollegeStudent99
Rep:
?
(Original post by batter mix)
Why so many breaks in your post?

Also, as a girl, I do this often.

Spoiler:
Show
I have very nice legs
Sorry, typed this on a notepad before pasting it on here so that is why the formatting is a bit off.

EDIT: Fixed it now!
CollegeStudent99
Rep:
?
(Original post by randomsheep11)
For me, in most cases wearing shorts with long sleeves is a big no no. It just looks bizarre.
Strange as I’ve always thought it looks cool myself. Anyway, today it is currently 19°C and sunny where I am with barely any breeze and I’m sat sunbathing in the bay window in the dining room so I’m in grey shorts and a black t-shirt.

What about men wearing long pants with tank tops?
Study_Girl101
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think it looks hot especially
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Study_Girl101
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Also when men wear tank tops and stuff sometimes I feel it looks gay... I like it when men normal tops or full sleeves
MydaMina
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I find it quite casual and comfy to wear that combination, and it does look stylish too.
CollegeStudent99
Rep:
?
(Original post by sinfonietta)
It's really not that deep. People tend to just feel the cold more easily in their shoulders/arms than in their legs.
I’m a bit like that, esspecially at night.
-Eirlys-
  • Debate & Current Affairs Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This is a big, thought out thread for such a small thing. :lol: It looks fine. I don't really care or notice. I don't really wear that outfit because I only wear shorts when it's really hot and I would boil if I wore a hoodie. Maybe on holiday, if it's the evening, I would put a hoodie on to keep me warm from the nip in the air.
(Original post by CollegeStudent99)
I have noticed this combination has become quite popular in the UK in recent years, especially among boys, teenagers, students and men in their 20's, 30's and even 40's (though I have seen a few girls do it as well).

What do you think about this look? My girlfriend thinks it's cute and seems to like it when I show her pics on my smartphone of me wearing it. She actually prefers me wearing shorts over jeans.

I personally like it as it gives off a sort of relaxed, chilled vibe if you know what I mean. A nice casual, easy-going, sporty, comfortable outfit.

I know some people say "if it's not warm enough for a t-shirt then you shouldn't be wearing shorts" but the way I see it it's no different from wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants.

I have noticed this combo seems to be particularly popular with male college students, especially during the warmer months.

I do wear this combo sometimes, esspecially in the house, I find it very comfy, more comfortable than I would be in jeans and a t-shirt for example.

Yesterday it was 17C and Sunny and I went out wearing grey shorts with a t-shirt and a black zip-up hoodie, with the zipper pulled down a bit to make it look a bit more summery.

On the way back I pulled the zip fully open and pushed the sleeves up a bit, as it got quite warm. It felt very pleasant. I could have worn a t-shirt I suppose but:

1. There was a slight breeze.
2. My arms get cold a lot easier than my legs.
3. My house isn't usually warm enough to wear a t-shirt inside (indoor temp typically around 18-19C).

I find this combo very practical (esspecially with a zip-up hoodie) becuase if it gets too warm I can open the zipper and push the sleeves up or even take it off altogether and tie it round my waist and if it gets too cold I can put the hood up. Also I find I can regulate my body temperature better when I wear shorts (less likely to overheat when walking) than if I was wearing pants.

I also find this combination comfortable at night as well (say if it's 12C with no wind).

So do you wear this combination a lot are just when you are at the gym or playing sport?

Here are few examples to see what i mean:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eAkMZENCvqV7oRM68
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I do that look pretty often when the weather allows. I agree with your point about taking off the hoody - you can't take off jeans if you get hot so there's better temperature control. I live in the south (where you from, dude?) so it gets very hot outside - but then you go to a bar or mall and it is often very cold because of the air conditioning so wearing a hoody stops you getting too cold inside without sacrificing your outdoor comfort.
CollegeStudent99
Rep:
?
(Original post by randomsheep11)
What if they push the sleeves up?

Also, I personally don't see how it is any different from wearing a t-shirt with sweatpants or a tank top with long pants.
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I've never wore shorts before
CollegeStudent99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Obolinda)
I've never wore shorts before
WoW Really?

Not even for PE at school??

I find that hard to believe, but If you really haven't worn shorts before then you don't know what you're missing!

I love wearing shorts, esspecially when the suns out. 🙂☀️

I've also found out that I have a vitamin D deficiency so the more skin exposed to the sun the better! (I do wear sun cream though of course).
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My parents wouldn't let me. I wear leggings or tracksuit bottoms for PE.

(Original post by CollegeStudent99)
WoW Really?

Not even for PE at school??

I find that hard to believe, but If you really haven't worn shorts before then you don't know what you're missing!

I love wearing shorts, esspecially when the suns out. 🙂☀️

I've also found out that I have a vitamin D deficiency so the more skin exposed to the sun the better! (I do wear sun cream though of course).
otkmfren
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
just wear whatever you want man, people don't care as much as you think.
CrazyConnor
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Personally, I think it looks stupid. But each to their own...
katiexcameron
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m a girl and I love doing this!! It’s super comfy
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
My parents wouldn't let me. I wear leggings or tracksuit bottoms for PE.
You're not missing much.
The last time I wore shorts, my leg was bitten by a dog.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (48)
5.72%
Fairly positive (268)
31.94%
Just another year... (330)
39.33%
Is it 2020 yet? (193)
23%

Watched Threads

Latest