The Student Room Group

Law students; how long do you leave to revise?

So.. I'm a first year law student and I'm not sure if people have had the same experience as me, but second semester is so much more overwhelming?

Between seminar prep, the extra reading, EC's and scheme applications there seems to be no time to revise until now. I'd only started revising at the start of easter break, and my exams are roughly in 5 weeks. Is this enough time to learn the material for 2 exams? (Luckily my other is coursework based)

I feel like none of the cases I can remember/are sticking. Does anyone have advice? Do I have any prospect of achieving a decent grade?
Certainly; it's only 2 exams and more than enough time.

I'd leave it a bit later than that to do the mundane task of revising; that was for 4/5 exams and I got decent grades.

Regarding getting the names to stick, keep calm -- remind yourself you have more than enough time and everyone else is facing the same difficulties as you (and they will also manage to survive). Come up with a proper revision schedule, regularly test and review knowledge within that so you become more confident. Don't get too lost on the rote task of memorising names -- go from small to big. Principle, then facts, and then the case name.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest