anon34443
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
hi guys i need some help because as most of you know GCSE's are currently in about 3 weeks time and i havent started revising. i keep talking to my friends on instagram and snapchat and although i selete the whole app i find myself redoenloading it . I'm aiming for grades 6s and 7s and really need to start revising. any ideas on how to stop my social media addiction ??
q_werty_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Revise with your friends
saskahailey
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Well maybe you can revise by social media sounds crazy but it is possible.Tell your friend to ask challenging you some challenging questions then answer them if you don't get it right revise the answer carefully.
NadineAhmedHelmy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Just throw your phone away when you revise, like literally ask your mom to take it.

Then if you find yourself searching it up on the internet, use an app called SelfControl that blocks them.
I have a lack of discipline when it comes to these things so I have all of my social media deleted, and I have Youtube, Twitter, Instagram etc blocked on my laptop.
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Use an app called SelfControl which blocks the social media application. Use the app forest which keeps you on the app. Or keep your phone out of your room and leave it downstairs away from you with it powered down. If you don’t stop, you’re going to fail. 3 weeks for 6s and 7s is cutting it very close already.
RESTINPINEAPPLE
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by anon34443)
hi guys i need some help because as most of you know GCSE's are currently in about 3 weeks time and i havent started revising. i keep talking to my friends on instagram and snapchat and although i selete the whole app i find myself redoenloading it . I'm aiming for grades 6s and 7s and really need to start revising. any ideas on how to stop my social media addiction ??
throw your phone out the window and to be honest im struggling with the same issue. i'd revise for 30 mins then have a 5 min break, i'd also delete instagram and watapp and replace it with watsapp that way you wont constantly go on it.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Give your phone to your parents. Allocate yourself designated breaks to control your technology use so that you're not tempted to distract yourself during a revision session. If you try to revise for 4 hours straight, you will inevitably get distracted.
xoxdomixox
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by anon34443)
going to the library really helps. i could never revise at home bc i would find it really hard to focus. it makes you feel like you need to do work. i got a lot of work done, even in 3 hours. you can listen to music, but quietly so your mind focuses on revision.
realistorange
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
i think you need my help
ShekinahM
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Download this app called forest which blocks your phone for a certain amount of time. Or give your phone to your mum for an hour
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (61)
61.62%
No (38)
38.38%

Watched Threads