ashrawlinson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi
I'm in year 11, so I'm taking my GCSEs in a few weeks.
I was just wondering if anyone knows what the overlap between Further Maths and Edexcel maths higher is?
if I just revise from my further maths revision guide, will I be prepared for Edexcel maths?
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ashrawlinson)
hi
I'm in year 11, so I'm taking my GCSEs in a few weeks.
I was just wondering if anyone knows what the overlap between Further Maths and Edexcel maths higher is?
if I just revise from my further maths revision guide, will I be prepared for Edexcel maths?
Which further maths qualification? Do you mean AQA Level 2 further maths?

Whatever the qualification, you must prioritise normal maths since that's the only thing anyone will care about in the future. If you are not already at a comfortable grade 9 then for now stick to single maths textbooks, revision guides, resources etc. There is some overlap and doing FM questions is great for practicing hard single maths questions but you must not only use FM resources to revise single maths.
Last edited by Sir Cumference; 1 year ago
ashrawlinson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
oh okay thank you and yes I do mean the AQA level 2 further maths
(Original post by Notnek)
Which further maths qualification? Do you mean AQA Level 2 further maths?

Whatever the qualification, you must prioritise normal maths since that's the only thing anyone will care about in the future. If you are not already at a comfortable grade 9 then for now stick to single maths textbooks, revision guides, resources etc. There is some overlap and doing FM questions is great for practicing hard single maths questions but you must not only use FM resources to revise single maths.
Cov3rt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do the same as you further aqa and edexcel gcse. Further questions imo are quite different to gcse maths questions since the gcse ones tend to be wordy and the method to answer the question i.e use cosine rule isn't necessarily explicit. Therefore I would recommend doing them separately since if you learn the topics for further, you can answer the questions with relative ease which isn't necessarily the case for gcse. I would say do past papers for gcse
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (25)
22.73%
No (85)
77.27%

Watched Threads