Why do people like hot weather? Watch

YasudaSayo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
When it's hot I get sweaty, greasy, and feel uncomfortable. I have to shower 2x a day. I hate summer clothes because they're revealing and I feel exposed. When it's too hot there's nothing you can do. I sit naked and I still get heat flashes. Whereas when it's cold all you need to do is put on a jumper, which is cosy af and it solves the problem. Yet everyone dislikes the cold and loves hot weather. Why?
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hot weather means you get to enjoy being outside, the sweat is worth it
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I live in a southern US state and goddamn the heat gets to you. It is very hot May-October and I hate having to slather on sunscreen everytime I go out, it's impossible to walk anywhere and I get headaches from the sunlight. I used to live in the midwest with loads of snow in the winter and a very warm but not too hot summer. I loved it there.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't like really hot weather, but today is perfect. 19-20 degrees where I am, very warm outside, pretty cool inside still, and the sun shining brightly makes everything look nicer and just makes me feel happier and increases my sense of well-being. I don't like it when it starts getting much hotter than this though, I don't want to have to put fans on.
RazzzBerries
  • Chat Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I guess it’s just that the sun makes people more happy.

I get bad hay fever though, so not exactly my favourite time of the year. I’m a winter baby! ❄️
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hot weather is nice cause you can go outside and actually do stuff. I don't deal well with the hot weather either but it's totally worth it.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I prefer cooler weather to warmer weather, It’s much easier to warm up than cool down.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Theres a lot more things to do when it's hot compared to the normal British weather. Its more vibrant outside and people will generally be more sociable
username4515112
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
I live in a southern US state and goddamn the heat gets to you. It is very hot May-October and I hate having to slather on sunscreen everytime I go out, it's impossible to walk anywhere and I get headaches from the sunlight. I used to live in the midwest with loads of snow in the winter and a very warm but not too hot summer. I loved it there.
are u a brit expat
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by brian.griffin)
are u a brit expat
I lived in the UK for quite a few years. Enough that I'm not allowed to give blood in the US after the whole mad cow thing.
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The only thing I don't like about hot weather is that it comes about the same time as the exam season.
STLJA
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Rather sweat than shiver personally. I hate feeling cold. Plus there's more incentive to go out when it is hot and sunshine is better in terms of aesthetics.
Nezumiiro
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I prefer the cold, insulating clothes are more suited to my sense of taste. Cold weather acts like a 'wake-me-up' in the morning when the wind hits one's face whereas hot weather makes one lethargic. I sleep pretty badly in the summer but quite well in the winter. I like to go outside in autumn and winter because there are fewer insects, less sweat, and fewer people littering the grass (if people didn't litter so much, going out in the summer would probably be more fun).
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by YasudaSayo)
When it's hot I get sweaty, greasy, and feel uncomfortable. I have to shower 2x a day. I hate summer clothes because they're revealing and I feel exposed. When it's too hot there's nothing you can do. I sit naked and I still get heat flashes. Whereas when it's cold all you need to do is put on a jumper, which is cosy af and it solves the problem. Yet everyone dislikes the cold and loves hot weather. Why?

We like hot weather because we are not flippin polar bears or penguins with bodies that are built for cold weather

the fact that man has little hair and has to carve out and construct clothing to survive in cold weather should tell you something
monkeyman0121
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hot weather means I can open my doors and get some fresh air but I get all the stuff you said since I prefer the cold a lot more sometimes.
Justvisited
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by YasudaSayo)
You've had a fair few answers.

How did you fare during last summer's 6-week heatwave?
idk01
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hay fever's a ***** so I don't like the Spring. Love the Summer though. Also remember that everyone's happier in the summer because a large proportion of the population get either seasonal affective disorder, or just more mild symptoms of the disorder, where basically you get a bit depressed due to the lack of sunlight.
YasudaSayo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sabertooth)
I lived in the UK for quite a few years. Enough that I'm not allowed to give blood in the US after the whole mad cow thing.
Living in the UK means you're not allowed to give blood? Wat?
YasudaSayo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Justvisited)
You've had a fair few answers.

How did you fare during last summer's 6-week heatwave?
I couldn't cope. In fact the heat was part of the reason why I ended up dropping out of college last year lmfao
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't know for them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (295)
25.76%
The paper was reasonable (498)
43.49%
Not feeling great about that exam (230)
20.09%
It was TERRIBLE (122)
10.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise