The Student Room Group

Why do people like hot weather?

Scroll to see replies

What I hate about summer:
Having to wear revealing clothing (only people with ideal bodies can enjoy this, I am underweight)
Family members wearing revealing clothing. I don't want to see my mums weird knees or sisters ass cheeks
Fear of premature aging, I wear SPF50 every day as I do not want wrinkles
Bugs, wasps, eww
Hayfever
Not being able to sleep because it's too hot, unlike in winter when you can just put 3 blankets on
Exams
People getting all b*tchy and tired at the end of the school year
Feeling sweaty, exhausted and unmotivated when I get home after walking from school
Dad trying to BBQ and giving everyone upset tummies for a whole week
Skin gets oilier, more prone to spots in the summer
Having to get my haircut every like 3 weeks because growing it to a decent length makes my head too hot

I'm not miserable, I promise.
Reply 61
59079101_10157363089987764_9170189557067415552_n.jpg
Not a clue, this is why I holiday in colder countries
Original post by YasudaSayo
When it's hot I get sweaty, greasy, and feel uncomfortable. I have to shower 2x a day. I hate summer clothes because they're revealing and I feel exposed. When it's too hot there's nothing you can do. I sit naked and I still get heat flashes. Whereas when it's cold all you need to do is put on a jumper, which is cosy af and it solves the problem. Yet everyone dislikes the cold and loves hot weather. Why?
What this thread highlights is that for many people temperatures above average are not something they find pleasant. So weather presenters should not assume we will be happy with above average temperatures or hate lower ones. We also won't find the weather any more to our liking because some youngish woman who is autocue friendly and good looking presents it to us.
I'm with you OP. I love the cold. Miserable in summer. I get sunburnt easily plus allergies, the sweat, always being thirsty. Ugh no not for me.
Reply 65
Just watching a prog about Svalbard
Ooh polar bears! We are saving up to go to Longyearbyen and see them. Looks awesome
Original post by NJA
Just watching a prog about Svalbard
Yes!
I knew I would find someone in agreement
Also I am too scared of wasps too enjoy summer, which is probably why sunlight makes me anxious and depressed and darkness relaxes me
(edited 4 years ago)
Anything above room temprature is uncomfortable for me and I start to drip with sweat if I go outside for more than 10 minutes in the summer. That and I have very light-sensitive eyes so the sun gives me migraines (sometimes even with sunglasses on). Everyone tells me I'm weird but I actually can't stand heat whatsoever, I switch the heating off and open the window in the winter too because I prefer the cold
Reply 69
Prices of food and accommodation are ridiculously high in these out of the way places, have you got a good deal?
this is a very British thread haha.. :biggrin:
I know it’s extremely expensive; so we are saving up a couple of grand to stay there for a week or so. But I think it’s worth it to see polar bears.
Original post by NJA
Prices of food and accommodation are ridiculously high in these out of the way places, have you got a good deal?
Reply 72
R u watching bbc2? If not, get it on catch-up

Quick Reply

Latest