k1255
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey how am i meant to write a grade 9 english lit introduction like what am i meant to answer in the introduction.
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There is no such thing as a 'grade 9 introduction'. It's usually the main body of the essay that gets awarded the most marks. An introduction of a student at grade 7 can be just as focused, comprehensive and impactful as one written by a top-grade student.
Last edited by Tolgash; 1 year ago
NikoNikoNeekaps
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I assume this is for a long form question, 45 minute or whatever, e.g. "Romeo's character is X, how far do you agree"
These questions usually ask about setting/character/theme so you should aim to provide a brief (emphasis on brief) overview of the key points surrounding that character - maybe three sentences at most. Also, you should say to what extent you agree with the question statement (if asked).
kannmnn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your intro should introduce what your main argument is so if the question was ‘Romeos character is X how far do you agree’ your intro would be something like
‘Throughout ‘Romeo and Juliet’, Shakespeare presents Romeo to be X through the use of x y and z’
Your conclusion could then be like
‘To conclude the use of x y and z had been used to show Romeo as being X’
Basically, someone should be able to read your intro and conclusion and then be able to guess and what your main essay was about .
But like someone said, your points and explanation are probably worth more anyway. Our teacher tells us to write an intro but not to bother with a conclusion if we don’t have time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (572)
34.33%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (685)
41.12%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (334)
20.05%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.5%

Watched Threads