My dream job... how do I get there? Watch

JessBev539
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I really want to become a homicide detective but I don’t know how I become one. Do I need to become a police officer before and where do I study for it after I get my exam results?
claireestelle
  • Volunteer Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JessBev539)
I really want to become a homicide detective but I don’t know how I become one. Do I need to become a police officer before and where do I study for it after I get my exam results?
where do you live?
MidgetFever
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My best guess would be that a Criminology/Forensics degree may be your way forward. Just look around at what uni's offer as some might offer this combined.
JessBev539
Rep:
?
Thanks so much MidgetFever ♥️ Helped a lot x
(Original post by MidgetFever)
My best guess would be that a Criminology/Forensics degree may be your way forward. Just look around at what uni's offer as some might offer this combined.
c_bendelow
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-44436292
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
c_bendelow
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Currently police officers have to complete a two-year probationary period as a constable, including working in local communities, answering 999 calls and executing arrest warrants.
After the probationary period, an officer can apply to be a detective, where they will then be sent on a training course to become a trainee detective constable (TDC).
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JessBev539
Rep:
?
Thanks so much xx
(Original post by c_bendelow)
Currently police officers have to complete a two-year probationary period as a constable, including working in local communities, answering 999 calls and executing arrest warrants.
After the probationary period, an officer can apply to be a detective, where they will then be sent on a training course to become a trainee detective constable (TDC).
Princepieman
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
there's a detective grad scheme now. no specific subject required.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (219)
22.91%
The paper was reasonable (428)
44.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.2%
It was TERRIBLE (135)
14.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise