are there any success previous year 11s that pulled it off in the last month lol? Watch

idkblahidk
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
advice for the last stretch and getting 7's in a month?
Mehru1214
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by idkblahidk)
do a crap ton of past papers and look at markschemes as well, as they tell you how to actually answer a question
idkblahidk
Rep:
?
thanks, is that what you did?
(Original post by Mehru1214)
do a crap ton of past papers and look at markschemes as well, as they tell you how to actually answer a question
Mehru1214
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
thanks, is that what you did?
i mean i did revise a bit throughout the year, but the past papers thing is honestly the cream of the crop. I basicaly got all 9s and 2 8s from past papers
idkblahidk
Rep:
?
no one got anymore stories? Absolutely no one did a madness and got decent grades all in a month. Begining to lose hope lol :/
Cheesybread
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Often in GCSE they reuse old questions, as they do with A-Levels, changing a few key words. so just keep practing past papers especially older ones, they might not have the excat same specimen, but they do re use those types of questions.
vivt11
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
know a friend who got a 4 in his history mock in January year 11 then got a 9 in the real thing
userofusername
Badges: 9
Report 4 weeks ago
in the same boat as you!
Interea
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I did nothing but cramming for the GCSEs I disliked, I didn't read the main set text for English literature until 2 weeks before my exam (we'd only read the key sections in class and I wasn't exactly one for doing voluntary reading homeworks, how would they know if I'd done it?). Most successful cram was probably biology, I literally just read the specification in the car on the way to the exam (it was very comprehensive).

Shows the power of having good teachers, they'd definitely made the knowledge go in without me noticing. On that note - would not recommend cramming to that degree. You've got plenty of time at this point to get your grades up, just make sure you use it! Saves a lot of panic.
BananaButter1202
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
free science lessons - youtube for sciences
maths past papers
and questions for the rest of the subjects
did most of them the night or a week before and for history i revised in that one week holiday-
btw i went from a 3 to an 8 in history but thats because in that one week i mashed work
maths i got a 7 and for the sciences i got 888 (triple science)
Tolgarda
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i mean i did revise a bit throughout the year, but the past papers thing is honestly the cream of the crop. I basicaly got all 9s and 2 8s from past papers
Damn. Impressive. If I may ask, in what subjects did you get your 9s?
FutureMissMRCS
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Didn't ever revise for English language got a 7.The only way I revised for maths(8) and english literature (8)is by going to the revision session's at school and woke up 1 hour early before the english literature exam to read over some of the points for the different characters and poems,the day before my english literature exams did 0 revision.For my physics 2 and physics 3 exam revised (both on the same day) revised literally for like like 3 days and got an A*.Didn't revise for my biology(A*),chemistry(A*) and computer science (A*)GCSEs till after the Easter holidays and learnt most things the day before the exam.Never revised for religious studies,maybe like the day or 2 before and got an A* .GCSEs are a lot about memorisation,so you have plenty of time to revise.It's not too much about understanding compared to A-levels where you have to understand stuff and actually spend time going over it (which is why Im not doing so great currently because GCSE strategies don't work for A-level).So you'll be fine,but start as soon as possible so you won't be stressed.I also recommend freesciencelessons-got me an A*.
mkstudent
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Mrbruff on youtube for English Lit
Mehru1214
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Tolgarda)
Damn. Impressive. If I may ask, in what subjects did you get your 9s?
Spoiler:
Show
Um, 8 in English Language, 8 in Spanish.
9 in - maths, english lit, biology, physics, chemistry, geography, computer science, RS
A* and an A in DT
and A hat with distinction in further maths

My results ^
Tolgarda
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Spoiler:
Show
Um, 8 in English Language, 8 in Spanish.
9 in - maths, english lit, biology, physics, chemistry, geography, computer science, RS
A* and an A in DT
and A hat with distinction in further maths

My results ^
Yeah yeah, prospective Oxbridge student here. No seriously though, that's a nice set of results. Mine aren't nearly as good (they're on my profile)!
magu29
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
mate you can easily bang out 7's i legit did nothing not even past papers and just wrote out the spec the night before and got 8's and 7's
idkblahidk
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
u guys are on some next level elite lol, hope i can do exactly what you guys did in the next 2 weeks and pull it off :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (410)
30.35%
The paper was reasonable (535)
39.6%
Not feeling great about that exam... (230)
17.02%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
13.03%

Watched Threads