Is this considered cheating? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My boyfriend was at a party last weekend and he was hanging out with his friends. This girl he used to like showed up and the few times he's bumped into her she's told him to break up with me so she and him can be together. Let me explain, he used to like her A LOT about 2 years ago. He told me that she was only girl who he ever cried for, but that she didn't want anything with him because she had a boyfriend, she basically my boyfriend was her side piece for 2 years. So back to what happened last weekend, my boyfriend got drunk, according to him blacked out drunk and they kissed. Apparently he doesn't remember for how long but his friends told him that they did indeed kiss. He waited three days to tell me as I was grieving a family members passing, and he tells me on our anniversary day. I'm confused as to whether this is cheating even though he was under the influence of alcohol.
username4565188
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Drunk or not-he kissed a girl that was not his girlfriend.
(Original post by Anonymous)
My boyfriend was at a party last weekend and he was hanging out with his friends. This girl he used to like showed up and the few times he's bumped into her she's told him to break up with me so she and him can be together. Let me explain, he used to like her A LOT about 2 years ago. He told me that she was only girl who he ever cried for, but that she didn't want anything with him because she had a boyfriend, she basically my boyfriend was her side piece for 2 years. So back to what happened last weekend, my boyfriend got drunk, according to him blacked out drunk and they kissed. Apparently he doesn't remember for how long but his friends told him that they did indeed kiss. He waited three days to tell me as I was grieving a family members passing, and he tells me on our anniversary day. I'm confused as to whether this is cheating even though he was under the influence of alcohol.
spingu101
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He cheated, whether or not he was drunk.

Sober thoughts, drunk actions...
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I'd blame the girl. Double standards. It's not ok for him to persue her when she has a boyfriend but now he has you she's all over him. She most likely came onto hi. Also if it took his mates to confirm to him that they did kiss he probably didn't have a clue what he was actually doing. Don't be too hard on him. He was honest with you, albeit probably scared of telling you, that must count for something?
Hydri
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just yeet the guy away and move on 😌
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ririroo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's definitely cheating, but the severity of it is really difficult to determine. It depends on your own opinions really, but maybe talk to him about it and if he still has feelings towards her then that isn't healthy in your relationship with him
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No.
It is not cheating for an unmarried person to kiss anyone they want, drunk or sober.
Even for married people, an extra marital kiss would not constitute adulterous conduct.
I don't understand why so many people seem to be viewing casual unofficial sexual relationships as the same as marriage/civil partnerships and subject to the same provisions as regards sexual exclusivity/official commitment to "forsaking all other".
mohamadjamil03
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I thought this was going to be a thread about someone asking if what they were doing counted as cheating in the context of an exam.
Jasyy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Blacked out drunk but remembers he kisses the girl..HMMM...
He doesnt remember how long but he remembers the kiss HMM...

Ask him if you kissed another guy and you was "blacked out drunk" what would he do
If he says he would freak out freak out honey
and if he complains about it ask him why he would do that if the tables was turned

Thats what i did it taught my ex a huge lesson
MidgetFever
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Intoxication can't be an excuse for cheating, it is what it is with or without alcohol. People that use that excuse are just *******s. :rolleyes:
HoldThisL
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
did he consent to the kiss lmao
Joleee
  • Debate & Current Affairs Helper
Report 4 weeks ago
depends. how many times can he blackout drunk and kiss someone before you consider it cheating?
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sounds highly dodgy. The question is do you want to give him another chance..
prettywomen2001
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ide say it was because he should not have gotten drunk and kissed her in the firts place

paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well durrr of course it’s cheating now it’s just whether you want to forgive them for it.
12doeb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you have to question it then I’d go with the fact that it is cheating.
It’s up to you what you want to do with the information.
- It was once
- just a kiss that he couldn’t remember - - whilst he was drunk.
- he did tell you about it

If you would like to give him a second chance then that is up to you.
I had a similar situation with my bf that I gave a second chance to.
UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Only you can define the boundaries of your relationship.

If you have to ask this question, then deep down you know something is wrong.
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He told me that she was only girl who he ever cried for
lol
CHANELDIAMONDS
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It is cheating.
Underscore__
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well I suppose it depends on how drunk he was and whether he was sufficiently coherent to give valid consent to the kiss.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (48)
5.85%
Fairly positive (263)
32.07%
Just another year... (323)
39.39%
Is it 2020 yet? (186)
22.68%

Watched Threads