The Student Room Group

Should i stay with my girl

Im 17 and I live in the North. I met my girlfriend on an app but she lives a while away in the South, and I've known her since November but I've only been to see her twice (bc its expensive af). We're both virgins, she's a really lovely person and we get on well, but the longer it goes on I'm starting to think I should bail. I feel like she's more invested in me and my main reason for staying is just to lose my virginity (which she's also totally up for) - at the same time if she lived nearer I'd 100% stay with her bc she's great and we get on well.
I feel like at this point in my life it might not be worth being in a big long distance relationship (I'm doing a gap year next year meaning I'll be travelling, so for me it really has to come to an end before then, but she's still got her A levels next year meaning she has less reason to get out).
I feel bad because she's lovely but the more time we spend away from each other I start thinking we're less compatible than I thought, even though the time I've spent with her was great.
So basically I don't know what to do - if I stay with her and lose my virginity over the summer I'll have to leave after that anyway because I'm travelling, but it feels wrong just to hang in there that long for that reason. I obviously don't want to hurt her feelings either way, and I'm just on the fence right now.
speak to her about it- explain to her about this long distance relationship might not last
Be open with her that you are not looking for a committed relationship, just fwb or no strings.
If she wants something else, find someone else who is only interested in a not strings arrangement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending