The Student Room Group

Am i a weirdo for not wanting to party?

Does anyone else just not give one about going out and drinking? I don’t mind a good drink, and i think places like cozy pubs where you can sit and chat are lovely, but otherwise i’m not bothered.

The majority of people my age are using fake IDs to get into bars and clubs and street drinking in fields, house parties every weekend, essentially just basic teenager stuff, but i couldn’t care less, and don’t go even when i am invited. Drunk people pee me off big time and i couldn’t imagine that paired with people from college that i barely even like when i’m sober.

Does anyone else feel like this? I feel like i’m missing the β€˜6th form experience’ but i don’t think i’d actually enjoy it even if i joined in. I get called boring and dead over it, partly i’m more concerned with my studies and my future than getting off my head. Don’t get me wrong, i’m not some sheltered kid who’s too scared and a stickler for the rules, i just don’t care.

Anyone else like this? It’s getting me down seeing everyone’s sc and instas this holiday, like i’m a freak because i don’t join in.
No, that's perfectly reasonable. You aren't a freak. I don't really go out and drink, and I'm certainly not one for parties or clubs or anything. So you're not alone.
Just think, they're killing off their brain cells by getting smashed all the time.
Not weird at all! I'm the same so you're not alone. Not a fan of drinking or partying. It's just full of low vibrational people who need to alcohol to have a good time. Fam, if someone needs alcohol to have a good time then they're not a fun person in the first place.
Pubs > clubs.
I can definitely relate to this, like I really don't care about drinking rn but everyone in my year goes round town every weekend. I'll drink if I want to but it's not something which I feel like I'm missing out on. When I'm at university I'll get involved so that I don't feel like I'm missing out but I think getting drunk and going out is so overrated imo.
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Not weird at all! I'm the same so you're not alone. Not a fan of drinking or partying. It's just full of low vibrational people who need to alcohol to have a good time. Fam, if someone needs alcohol to have a good time then they're not a fun person in the first place.

my thoughts exactly! alcohol doesn’t make you an interesting or fun person to be around ha!
I felt like this too at sixth form and secondary school. Folk were going out to clubs/bars or house parties and the thought of it had no interest to me whatsoever. I then went to uni and tried clubs, bars, flat parties and realised that I do enjoy a good night out. And I'm pretty gutted really, I wish I did go to the odd house party growing up - I had a great set of friends and when they said I am boring, dead, and if i went out it would be fun - and they were right
Original post by brian.griffin
I felt like this too at sixth form and secondary school. Folk were going out to clubs/bars or house parties and the thought of it had no interest to me whatsoever. I then went to uni and tried clubs, bars, flat parties and realised that I do enjoy a good night out. And I'm pretty gutted really, I wish I did go to the odd house party growing up - I had a great set of friends and when they said I am boring, dead, and if i went out it would be fun - and they were right

Frankly, my friends have no right to call me that - they don’t even go out themselves! Must admit we’re more of acquaintances than friends - i just don’t relate to them at all. They rot around the house all weekend, apart from one who goes to the match religiously on a sunday. Even if i did want to go out, i’d have no way of doing it as they don’t go out either. I’m mainly boring as i study over the weekend and in my free periods - apparently not revising until 3 days before the exam is the β€˜cool’ thing now. Guess i’ll have to wait till uni
i always thought America was the only country that has those wild and lit parties(typically the ones shown in movies).
Reply 9
Honestly same I’m find it annoying how none of my friends want to do anything unless alcohol is involved, genuinely confuses me how people don’t consider anything a good time without being smashed :/
Original post by I'mComingOxford
i always thought America was the only country that has those wild and lit parties(typically the ones shown in movies).

so did i, but my colleges catchment zone includes a lot of the richer towns where they can afford to throw 3 day parties over the weekends
i've never been into parties either
ever since i was a kid, every party i went to i just sat in the corner somewhere waiting for the whole thing to be over
it really just doesn't appeal to some people. i don't like dancing, i don't drink and i can't ever speak to anybody at any party because they always seem to go insane therefore i avoid going to them. yeah i was also made to feel like a freak too whenever i went to one. thats why i no longer bother going to them. glad those days are over
I'm exactly the same, but really into the nightclub life tbh. Quite happy with a Despes and hunger games tbh. I can't really see the appeal but meh, it means I can watch Netflix in peace. Don't feel you are the only one, its perfectly fine not to go clubbing and just chill at home or in the pub. It's nice to know I'm not the only one :smile:
It's not weird, I understand. It's normal though, don't worry. Pretty sure you're just an introvert. (:
You're not missing out on anything. Don't force yourself to do things you don't like just because you feel like you have to.
It's actually becoming trendy to not drink, so you're definitely not alone.
Reply 16
I’m quite a quiet person I like the occasional drinks with mates but I dislike parties as they’re too hectic 🀷🏻
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by jupi6ter
It's not weird, I understand. It's normal though, don't worry. Pretty sure you're just an introvert. (:

i always thought that but i love spending time with people and being out and about, just not with people from college or parties haha
If you are then I am too πŸ˜‚

Quick Reply

Latest