Compulsory Education is Evil Watch

captiveaudience
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Compulsory education is a trick. The purpose of school is to enslave and indoctrinate. Education is far more effective without schooling.
Tolgarda
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
.Oh yes, I remember being indoctrinated in my mathematics and physics classes! Damn!
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
people fought for free education and now welcome to 2019, where edgy memelords reside on TSR claiming education is made to brainwash
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Indoctrinate me into what? My school's philosophy classes opened me up to ideas about the physical world possibly not existing at all. It's hard to see what "T H E Y" can really do with that idea once they bung it in my head.
leopard202
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Education systems vary across the world, I have only experienced the british international curriculum in 6 different schools and homeschool, before going to uni. People are different, some excel at school, some very popular and build relationships for life. One year of homeschool was the best in my life and best marks i ever got. Reading about alternative schooling around the world is incredibly interesting. A friend of mine went to a Steiner school, he's a sculptor now and overall one of the most interesting people I've ever met in terms of how he views the world.There are many good things about experiencing a typical school in the UK but unquestionably doesn't produce as enriched and fulfilled young people as it could. Mostly in my opinion because of the scale and standardisation of schools which struggles to cater to individual potential.

Also topics like philosophy at a younger age, and perhaps some martial arts or tai chi instead of jumping jacks would have been better.
At IGCSEs or A level: critical thinking in general, or about media content and news. But in many ways that goes against the whole system. Hated all my schools with a burning passion

(Original post by captiveaudience)
Compulsory education is a trick. The purpose of school is to enslave and indoctrinate. Education is far more effective without schooling.
leopard202
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
When did you get taught philosophy? A level?
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
Indoctrinate me into what? My school's philosophy classes opened me up to ideas about the physical world possibly not existing at all. It's hard to see what "T H E Y" can really do with that idea once they bung it in my head.
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by leopard202)
When did you get taught philosophy? A level?
Yeah, A level. They ran it in place of religious studies 'cause nobody cared about taking religious studies A levels where I was.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (48)
5.85%
Fairly positive (263)
32.07%
Just another year... (323)
39.39%
Is it 2020 yet? (186)
22.68%

Watched Threads