The Student Room Group

Streetwear x TSR

Since this is a, generally, academic place of students of all sorts (I'm not stereotyping), I'm curious to see how prominent fashion, street wear in particular, is on TSR.

If you're into streetwear, share your styles. If you're not into it, why not? Are you just not that bothered about fashion, or are you into a different subculture of fashion?

I don't really have a style but some general things are (I'm a guy btw):
- I really like pastel colours e.g. lilac, pale yellow, baby blue
- I'm quite into jewelry; I have a gold chain (subtle, not flashy) that my late father gave to me which I love and its sentiment adds to it
- I can only wear baggy trousers (just my opinion, but I hate when guys wear skinny trousers). Not like chavvy, but straight cut jeans, some not too baggy joggers and cargo trousers etc. (Dickies/Carhartt style)
- Some of the things I want to get for the summer are some short sleeve shirts with patterns on them (for those of you that watch Magnus Ronning & PAQ, like the Prada shirt Magnus used to own)

Talk away!

Scroll to see replies

This is my daily casual
I used to wear Adidas jacket, trackie bottoms sort of baggy, nike shirt and nike skating shoes. Why? = Comfortable

I feel my new dress sense suits me better, it takes more effort but I feel I get slightly more respect from shops for it (I went to Selfridges got top class service my friend in trackies got ignored.) and I actually get compliments because I try to look better. Even though it's effort having a shower everyday, combing my hair and dressing takes longer. However it makes me feel better as a person! :biggrin:

Disclaimer: Picture below is NOT me. Please do not think this is me, I wish it was. :lol:
Now I dress like the below. Sometimes I am more casual and wear a checkered shirt and jeans. :
Dress.jpg
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
I'm liking the haute couture vibe

Original post by Afterlife?
This is my daily casual
Reply 6
Seems you've captured 'gentlemen fashion' quite well. I'm only 17 so I'd look weird in that (which is why I'm into streetwear) but I can certainly appreciate your style :smile:
Original post by Themysticalegg
I used to wear Adidas jacket, trackie bottoms sort of baggy, nike shirt and nike skating shoes. Why? = Comfortable

I feel my new dress sense suits me better, it takes more effort but I feel I get slightly more respect from shops for it (I went to Selfridges got top class service my friend in trackies got ignored.) and I actually get compliments because I try to look better. Even though it's effort having a shower everyday, combing my hair and dressing takes longer. However it makes me feel better as a person! :biggrin:
Now I dress like the below. Sometimes I am more casual and wear a checkered shirt and jeans. :
Dress.jpg
Original post by idk01
Seems you've captured 'gentlemen fashion' quite well. I'm only 17 so I'd look weird in that (which is why I'm into streetwear) but I can certainly appreciate your style :smile:

I'm 22 bordering 23. (I know I'm old :lol: ) I had lots of interviews and I got accustomed to wearing a suit, loved it and thought how do I make this a common occurrence and make it slightly more casual. :awesome: When I was 17 I definitely wore streetwear in fact I did that till 21. :lol:
Reply 8
Yeah I'm studying law at uni and if I become a lawyer (considering being a barrister) I'll defo have to wear suits lol. I do like wearing them tbf I just feel like I'll, as you said, put a slight twist on the suits to make them a bit less formal.
I'm 22 bordering 23. (I know I'm old :lol: ) I had lots of interviews and I got accustomed to wearing a suit, loved it and thought how do I make this a common occurrence and make it slightly more casual. :awesome: When I was 17 I definitely wore streetwear in fact I did that till 21. :lol:
I wear this pretty much (minus the chain on the jeans and the shoes as I only wear converse. Oh, no glasses either.) I usually wear a beanie or a snap back too as well as a guitar pick necklace.

tumblr_o4ipj9L5CP1spo7myo1_400.jpg
Reply 10
Nice n clean. Haha wearing a chain on jeans, not sure how I feel about him.
Original post by JoshDarnIt
I wear this pretty much (minus the chain on the jeans and the shoes as I only wear converse. Oh, no glasses either.) I usually wear a beanie or a snap back too as well as a guitar pick necklace.

tumblr_o4ipj9L5CP1spo7myo1_400.jpg
Original post by idk01
Nice n clean. Haha wearing a chain on jeans, not sure how I feel about him.

Yeah not too keen on the chain tbf aha
Original post by idk01
Yeah I'm studying law at uni and if I become a lawyer (considering being a barrister) I'll defo have to wear suits lol. I do like wearing them tbf I just feel like I'll, as you said, put a slight twist on the suits to make them a bit less formal.

You never know you could be the world's first 'roadman' barrister. :lol: I have to wear suits when I meet suppliers and stuff. (Businessman :awesome: ) Tbh you could wear suits quite casually but I don't think I can pull them off. :biggrin: I even go full formal with suits or go home!
I'm really into the whole YEEZY Cozy Bois vibes.
Shame i aint rich to afford the clothes and it doesnt help that i got uni around the corner.
Out of Danny, Shaq, Elias and Dex i deffo vibe with Elias' style more Astroboyz cozy bois fits.
Screenshot (23).pngSHOT_76_013.jpgSHOT_89_002_268e03ea-d7f0-4eb3-ae73-05bc70fe44b9_980x.jpg
I used to be into brands hypebeast brands like Supreme and Bape but that was like 2 years ago when i was 17 and didnt really understand fashion yet and it was deffo a stepping stone into what i want to wear now.

But yeah for now Kanye West has got me on ropes.
Reply 14
Oof the word roadman makes me shudder :wink: Btw by streetwear this is the kind of style I mean (ignore his weird hair lol):

You never know you could be the world's first 'roadman' barrister. :lol: I have to wear suits when I meet suppliers and stuff. (Businessman :awesome: ) Tbh you could wear suits quite casually but I don't think I can pull them off. :biggrin: I even go full formal with suits or go home!
Reply 15
Yeah I think it's important for your tastes to constantly change. I agree with you on the PAQ front; wouldn't fully commit to some of Elias's outfits but I like a lot of the things he wears
Original post by Superdrilles
I'm really into the whole YEEZY Cozy Bois vibes.
Shame i aint rich to afford the clothes and it doesnt help that i got uni around the corner.
Out of Danny, Shaq, Elias and Dex i deffo vibe with Elias' style more Astroboyz cozy bois fits.
Screenshot (23).pngSHOT_76_013.jpgSHOT_89_002_268e03ea-d7f0-4eb3-ae73-05bc70fe44b9_980x.jpg
I used to be into brands hypebeast brands like Supreme and Bape but that was like 2 years ago when i was 17 and didnt really understand fashion yet and it was deffo a stepping stone into what i want to wear now.

But yeah for now Kanye West has got me on ropes.
I wouldnt say mines going to constantly change as i feel like im in a comfortable space now with YEEZY and i'd be content with wearing only YEEZY outfits as i feel like they stylise the outfits that i imagine myself to wear and be comfortable in as well as looking good on me. Deffo wont see me wearing tailored trousers or corduroy chinos any time soon.
Original post by idk01
Yeah I think it's important for your tastes to constantly change. I agree with you on the PAQ front; wouldn't fully commit to some of Elias's outfits but I like a lot of the things he wears
Original post by idk01
Oof the word roadman makes me shudder :wink: Btw by streetwear this is the kind of style I mean (ignore his weird hair lol):

Ohhhh :lol: I used to be like this.
Nike Sportswear Tracksuit Anthracite Black White For Men R85z6766_LRG.jpg
Reply 18
nahh haha I wouldn't go near that with a stick
Ohhhh :lol: I used to be like this.
Nike Sportswear Tracksuit Anthracite Black White For Men R85z6766_LRG.jpg
I keep things quite simple dark wash jeans, t shirt or hoodie, lightweight jacket on top, vans. Usually my colours are burgundy and black but I do experiment with some pastel colours (pink hoodies are fire).

Quick Reply

Latest