A level choices law Watch

student4656789
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’ve recently decided that I’d like to go to law school when I’m older, what would be the best a levels to take? I’m currently lined up for history economics and maths but it is easy for me to change. I’ve looked online and can’t seem to find any direct answers... thanks (I’m currently in Y11)
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by student4656789)
I’ve recently decided that I’d like to go to law school when I’m older, what would be the best a levels to take? I’m currently lined up for history economics and maths but it is easy for me to change. I’ve looked online and can’t seem to find any direct answers... thanks (I’m currently in Y11)
Those are absolutely fine. Grades get you into better unis , so its fine to do the subjects you are good at and enjoy. The higher the uni, then they can start to have preferred A levels, whcih they like you to have at least two of v one non preferred. Get in the best uni you can. All yours would be in the preferred category.

https://university.which.co.uk/advic...d-to-study-law
Quick-use
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Those are great subjects to study Law at university.

Are those the subjects that you enjoy the most and want to do? Or, are there any other subjects?
student4656789
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Those are absolutely fine. Grades get you into better unis , so its fine to do the subjects you are good at and enjoy. The higher the uni, then they can start to have preferred A levels, whcih they like you to have at least two of v one non preferred. Get in the best uni you can. All yours would be in the preferred category.

https://university.which.co.uk/advic...d-to-study-law
Ah thanks that’s v helpful )
student4656789
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quick-use)
Those are great subjects to study Law at university.

Are those the subjects that you enjoy the most and want to do? Or, are there any other subjects?
Yeah they’re my favourite subjects and the ones I achieve the highest grades in, I wouldn’t mind picking English literature or politics
Quick-use
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
In that case, you should stick with your chosen subjects because universities would definitely like them.
Yeah they’re my favourite subjects and the ones I achieve the highest grades in, I wouldn’t mind picking English literature or politics
student4656789
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quick-use)
In that case, you should stick with your chosen subjects because universities would definitely like them.
Thanks for the help
Assembly
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That's a great mix of subjects
student4656789
Rep:
?
(Original post by Assembly)
That's a great mix of subjects
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (206)
22.08%
The paper was reasonable (398)
42.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (178)
19.08%
It was TERRIBLE (151)
16.18%

Watched Threads