Thoughts on people filming at concerts Watch

RandomTennisfan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So recently with Childish Gambino’s performance at Coachella he requested people don’t film with their phones to just enjoy the music. Do you agree with this? On the one hand I think no people pay and want to create memories, but on the other I think you can’t fully enjoy the moment, like I see some people with a spam of recordings/pictures on Snapchat and Instagram. Please discuss.
Last edited by RandomTennisfan; 4 weeks ago
sachinisgod
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Its pathetic. I mean why would you waste all that time uploading an hour worth of snapchat/insta stories when you can post one pic of the event and then enjoy the rest of it by watching it.

The social media generation of today feeds off views and likes to feed their overinflated egos. Whenever I see someones story at a concert I mute their stories. Im not wasting my data on that.
RandomTennisfan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
You make a good point, social media has ruined life’s experiences-the constant need people have to document everything to further validate themselves. There are also a lot more “social media influencers” make of that what you will.
(Original post by sachinisgod)
Its pathetic. I mean why would you waste all that time uploading an hour worth of snapchat/insta stories when you can post one pic of the event and then enjoy the rest of it by watching it.

The social media generation of today feeds off views and likes to feed their overinflated egos. Whenever I see someones story at a concert I mute their stories. Im not wasting my data on that.
A Rolling Stone
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
shoot them tbh
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Pisses me off. Quick photos, fine. but I've been at metal gigs behind people filming half the ****ing thing on their ******* iPad. Get out you whoppers.
andrewthorne
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think a few videos and photos are fine as I would want to capture the memory however filming the whole thing is just stupid and removes the whole 'live' experience if you're watching it through a screen.
BBx2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Personally I think it’s a much better experience not to film it. A few photos & a couple of short video clips are fine, but then just enjoy it.

However, when your not very tall like me, sometimes it’s the only way you can see what’s happening on stage 😂
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
katf
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by BBx2)
Personally I think it’s a much better experience not to film it. A few photos & a couple of short video clips are fine, but then just enjoy it.

However, when your not very tall like me, sometimes it’s the only way you can see what’s happening on stage 😂
This is why you get the accessible seating. Guaranteed view, and a seat.
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Pisses me off. People are not experiencing it; just focussing on collecting daft video. Blocking about 5 people's view of the concert as they do it.
entertainmyfaith
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
nothing wrong with a little bit of it but filming the whole thing just seems rather pointless as you're not experiencing the live music.
was watching billie's coachella performance and the amount of people that were filming on their phones was horrendous, not to be a technophobe or anything. even in the interactive parts they still held their phones- just don't understand why they can't put their phone down for a damn minute. that being said, it's coachella and to me, people go there to show off that they can be there and not to enjoy the music.

i went to my first concert in march- t'was billie eilish and i perhaps recorded no more than 2 minutes of the concert and 6/7 photos. don't regret it all, i really enjoyed being in the moment and the music, and i look back at the videos fondly.
entertainmyfaith
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by katf)
This is why you get the accessible seating. Guaranteed view, and a seat.
i think some concerts are nice to experience standing though- my neck killed when looking up to see the singer at the concert i went to at some points but i don't regret it, there's a nice atmosphere in standing sometimes.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I only go seated if it's someone I absolutely want to see and can't get standing. Seated is so crap.
steamed-hams
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Does happiness happen in real time any more? Or is it the day after when posting the videos/pictures taken on Instagram?
katf
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
i think some concerts are nice to experience standing though- my neck killed when looking up to see the singer at the concert i went to at some points but i don't regret it, there's a nice atmosphere in standing sometimes.
I mean, I can't stand for a concert. Not least because I'm liable to fall or have my stick knocked about. Hence the "accessible" seating bit. Although I did have to tell one venue that a seat behind a pillar wasn't acceptable.
entertainmyfaith
  • Study Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by katf)
I mean, I can't stand for a concert. Not least because I'm liable to fall or have my stick knocked about. Hence the "accessible" seating bit. Although I did have to tell one venue that a seat behind a pillar wasn't acceptable.
oh whoops, i thought you meant everyone should get accessible seating because there's a criteria or something for that right?
yeah sitting behind a pillar doesn't sound ideal:lol:
katf
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
oh whoops, i thought you meant everyone should get accessible seating because there's a criteria or something for that right?
yeah sitting behind a pillar doesn't sound ideal:lol:
You need to be unable to stand for the duration. Most venues also give me a second ticket for a carer for nothing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (410)
30.35%
The paper was reasonable (535)
39.6%
Not feeling great about that exam... (230)
17.02%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
13.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed