Lancaster University .....yes or no Watch

Akived
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello guys

I am an international student and I would like to know what is like to be in Lancaster university before taking my decision ?( How is the environment,people, lifestyle etc)
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
What course are you thinking of doing?
Akived
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
What course are you thinking of doing?
Media and cultural studies
SimpleMathsPhys
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am considering going there for physics so

It is a beautiful campus based university that has a small student population and excellent up to date sports facilities. I do believe that more introverted people go there so it might not be a 'party university' like Manchester or Birmingham and it also is described as having a community feel to it and even though I'm applying there I literally can't remember anything more than that
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SimpleMathsPhys)

It is a beautiful campus based university that has a small student population and excellent up to date sports facilities. I do believe that more introverted people go there so it might not be a 'party university' like Manchester or Birmingham and it also is described as having a community feel to it and even though I'm applying there I literally can't remember anything more than that
Are you likely to firm it?

I'm contemplating whether to go to Lancaster for computer science, I have doubts about the costs and the idea of living away though.
SimpleMathsPhys
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Very likely. Have you looked into the costs of living at university? I assume you are aware of the maintenance loan and if you check the amount you are entitled to against the cost of accommodation + food, travel, events and nights out, washing machine/tumble dryer usage and extra equipment for the course, you should be able to identify how much money you really need.

Hope this helps
Are you likely to firm it?

I'm contemplating whether to go to Lancaster for computer science, I have doubts about the costs and the idea of living away though.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Very likely. Have you looked into the costs of living at university? I assume you are aware of the maintenance loan and if you check the amount you are entitled to against the cost of accommodation + food, travel, events and nights out, washing machine/tumble dryer usage and extra equipment for the course, you should be able to identify how much money you really need.

Hope this helps
Thanks, that really does help but I know I am only entitled to the lowest amount for the maintenance loan because of how much my dad earns, however, I am too scared to plan for living in university accommodation lol
SimpleMathsPhys
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Roughly £4000 is going to be your loan, amount? I'd recommend looking at bursaries, scholarships anything like that but also part time jobs which would be good to do anyway because then you get experience and something to put on your cv so it works out great. lol I know how that feels and it is big responsibility. Just know that taking on anything that scares you will build your confidence
Thanks, that really does help but I know I am only entitled to the lowest amount for the maintenance loan because of how much my dad earns, however, I am too scared to plan for living in university accommodation lol
Akived
Rep:
?

Is it gonna be lonely there?!
Just asking because I am international student and I am not really good at socializing fastly.
SimpleMathsPhys
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No you won't be, Lancaster has 13,000 so I compared it with somewhere like Manchester which has around 40,000 students.

Edit: I should probably add that you could look at the Student Union - https://lancastersu.co.uk
(Original post by Akived)
Is it gonna be lonely there?!
Just asking because I am international student and I am not really good at socializing fastly.
Last edited by SimpleMathsPhys; 4 weeks ago
Akived
Rep:
?
No you won't be, Lancaster has 13,000 so I compared it with somewhere like Manchester which has around 40,000 students.

Edit: I should probably add that you could look at the Student Union - https://lancastersu.co.uk
I mean ... Is the overall environment quite??
SimpleMathsPhys
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's hard for me to say but it's quiet to some extent though but you'll like it if you're introverted
(Original post by Akived)
I mean ... Is the overall environment quite??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 13 Jul '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (388)
25.99%
The paper was reasonable (644)
43.13%
Not feeling great about that exam (298)
19.96%
It was TERRIBLE (163)
10.92%

Watched Threads