Pravi29
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Which quotes are the best to revise and how can we get full marks in this quetsion. I do AQA.
Last edited by Pravi29; 5 months ago
bfm.mcdermott
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Pravi29)
Which quotes are the best to revise and how can we get full marks in this quetsion. I do AQA.
Pick quotes suitable for each character, theme, setting, etc. (depending on what AQA says in the specification you need to know - I don't do AQA so I don't know what they ask for specifically). Make sure they have meaning in the novel but also have connotations which will make them easier to analyse. Bonus points if they have literary devices in them, but don't choose meaningless quotes just because they use hyperbole etc.

Which question? Could you give an example?

Look at the AQA specification and see what they mark you based upon. On the AQA website there should also be some exemplar essays, which have been graded WITH examiner comments, so you can see what you need to do to gain the marks.

I suggest you do some practise essays and ask your teacher to mark them for you.
Pravi29
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Thank you! I would but my teacher says she never has time to mark them even now with our GCSEs so close. A question like how are attitudes to marriage presented.
(Original post by bfm.mcdermott)
Pick quotes suitable for each character, theme, setting, etc. (depending on what AQA says in the specification you need to know - I don't do AQA so I don't know what they ask for specifically). Make sure they have meaning in the novel but also have connotations which will make them easier to analyse. Bonus points if they have literary devices in them, but don't choose meaningless quotes just because they use hyperbole etc.

Which question? Could you give an example?

Look at the AQA specification and see what they mark you based upon. On the AQA website there should also be some exemplar essays, which have been graded WITH examiner comments, so you can see what you need to do to gain the marks.

I suggest you do some practise essays and ask your teacher to mark them for you.
bfm.mcdermott
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Pravi29)
Thank you! I would but my teacher says she never has time to mark them even now with our GCSEs so close. A question like how are attitudes to marriage presented.
If you Google, I'm sure there will be a lot of resources from over the years. Websites such as Shmoop and GetRevising usually have really good theme analysis and quotes too. Have you bought a revision guide? If not, I'd really recommend it. York Notes books (for which there is one on Pride and Prejudice) are really good, and they give you paragraph examples. They'll also give you key quotes to use.

As I said before, the specification and exemplar answers will help you with structuring essays and analysing the right things.

This is a really good link, for analysis and for quotes:
https://www.shmoop.com/pride-and-prejudice/
Pravi29
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (15)
9.68%
Disagree (11)
7.1%
Neither agree or disagree (50)
32.26%
Agree (59)
38.06%
Strongly Agree (20)
12.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise