Levi1407
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
There is a question on one of my final papers which is really confusing me. The more i re-read it the more of a muddle I'm finding myself in.

With regards to crowd psychology I need to discuss how a concept is active, and how that 'activity' is taken into account when conceiving and constructing research inquiry...

I understand what active concepts are; situated in time and place, always changing (Active) etc. etc. but I cannot decide on a concrete concept to explain it with regards to crowd psychology...

What concepts would you pull from crowd psychology to describe this?

ta!
Dandelion30
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi, I think we may be studying the same thing. I'm doing my EMA for OU.

My take on it (which could be wrong) is like yours, an active concept changes and isn't fixed/static. In crowd psychology, I've looked at the Magh Mela as a concept. It changes/has changed from the pre-existing work Hopkins has done on crowds. It differs in that the researchers (using deductive logic of inquiry) reconsider the concept of 'effervescence,' the crowd has a positive impact on individuals and identity as opposed to a negative one. Problem I'm having is, there's only 300 words to 'explain' it...are we supposed to critique it? I'm unsure, there doesn't seem much room to allow for it with the word count.

Sorry, this probably hasn't helped at all but thought I'd air my musings on this.

Best of luck

Dani

(Original post by Levi1407)
There is a question on one of my final papers which is really confusing me. The more i re-read it the more of a muddle I'm finding myself in.

With regards to crowd psychology I need to discuss how a concept is active, and how that 'activity' is taken into account when conceiving and constructing research inquiry...

I understand what active concepts are; situated in time and place, always changing (Active) etc. etc. but I cannot decide on a concrete concept to explain it with regards to crowd psychology...

What concepts would you pull from crowd psychology to describe this?

ta!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (133)
29.69%
No (315)
70.31%

Watched Threads