Are IGCSE's accepted by all UK universities? Watch

CB2019
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,
I'm a mature student from England, looking to get into publishing. I'm taking my Maths and English IGCSE's and then will be doing an access course and hopefully after that a degree . Will UK universities accept my IGCSEs as equivalent to GCSE? Also, will the two IGCSE's and an access course be enough?
Thanks.
claireestelle
  • Volunteer Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CB2019)
Hi,
I'm a mature student from England, looking to get into publishing. I'm taking my Maths and English IGCSE's and then will be doing an access course and hopefully after that a degree . Will UK universities accept my IGCSEs as equivalent to GCSE? Also, will the two IGCSE's and an access course be enough?
Thanks.
Yes igcses are widely accepted, it depends where you want to study whether or not two would be enough.
SarcAndSpark
  • Careers Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,
Thanks.
Yes, all UK universities will accept IGCSEs.

We can't say if the two IGCSEs and an access course will be enough without knowing the course and the type of uni you're aiming for. For most courses at most unis, it will be enough, but some unis will request e.g. A-level Maths for some courses.
CB2019
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thanks guys, just a bit confused as it says GCSE English and Maths on the course page, but on the general entry requirements page it says 5 GCSE's. https://www.brookes.ac.uk/courses/un...nd-publishing/ is the course I am interested in.
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Yes, all UK universities will accept IGCSEs.

We can't say if the two IGCSEs and an access course will be enough without knowing the course and the type of uni you're aiming for. For most courses at most unis, it will be enough, but some unis will request e.g. A-level Maths for some courses.
SarcAndSpark
  • Careers Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks guys, just a bit confused as it says GCSE English and Maths on the course page, but on the general entry requirements page it says 5 GCSE's. https://www.brookes.ac.uk/courses/un...nd-publishing/ is the course I am interested in.
If you look at their mature students section, it sounds like they will consider applications from students over the age of 21 on a case by case basis.

It would be best to contact the uni and see how they would view your application.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (516)
26.29%
The paper was reasonable (856)
43.61%
Not feeling great about that exam (383)
19.51%
It was TERRIBLE (208)
10.6%

Watched Threads