The Student Room Group

Are IGCSE's accepted by all UK universities?

Hi,
I'm a mature student from England, looking to get into publishing. I'm taking my Maths and English IGCSE's and then will be doing an access course and hopefully after that a degree . Will UK universities accept my IGCSEs as equivalent to GCSE? Also, will the two IGCSE's and an access course be enough?
Thanks.
Original post by CB2019
Hi,
I'm a mature student from England, looking to get into publishing. I'm taking my Maths and English IGCSE's and then will be doing an access course and hopefully after that a degree . Will UK universities accept my IGCSEs as equivalent to GCSE? Also, will the two IGCSE's and an access course be enough?
Thanks.

Yes igcses are widely accepted, it depends where you want to study whether or not two would be enough.
Original post by CB2019
Hi,
Thanks.

Yes, all UK universities will accept IGCSEs.

We can't say if the two IGCSEs and an access course will be enough without knowing the course and the type of uni you're aiming for. For most courses at most unis, it will be enough, but some unis will request e.g. A-level Maths for some courses.
Reply 3
Thanks guys, just a bit confused as it says GCSE English and Maths on the course page, but on the general entry requirements page it says 5 GCSE's. https://www.brookes.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/media-journalism-and-publishing/ is the course I am interested in.
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Yes, all UK universities will accept IGCSEs.

We can't say if the two IGCSEs and an access course will be enough without knowing the course and the type of uni you're aiming for. For most courses at most unis, it will be enough, but some unis will request e.g. A-level Maths for some courses.
Original post by CB2019
Thanks guys, just a bit confused as it says GCSE English and Maths on the course page, but on the general entry requirements page it says 5 GCSE's. https://www.brookes.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/media-journalism-and-publishing/ is the course I am interested in.

If you look at their mature students section, it sounds like they will consider applications from students over the age of 21 on a case by case basis.

It would be best to contact the uni and see how they would view your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending