The Student Room Group

Honest or Dishonest

Is it better to be honest and poor or dishonest and rich?

Scroll to see replies

Honest and poor
Reply 2
But would u really be happy?
honestly one of my toxic traits is that i lie quite a lot so i’d say honest and poor
The thing is in the future I may take a paycut for a job considered 'honest' because it might make me feel good about myself. Who knows. I'm happy at the £30-50k bracket which I don't think is considered Rich?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
People usually say that but secretly...
Original post by CHANEL&DIAMONDS
honestly one of my toxic traits is that i lie quite a lot so i’d say honest and poor
Original post by Fizzy2001
People usually say that but secretly...

yeah true
Reply 7
:smile: so true
Original post by Presto
Dishonest and rich
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Honest and poor

You sure 😂
Is it better to be honest and poor or dishonest and rich?

Depends what you mean by rich. I am rich by most peoples standards, but I would not say I was wealthy. I still work full time and my pension is bad. But I have three healthy children and they are all employed and happy. ( For me their health and happiness means more than anything)
Original post by AlishaFelicia
You sure 😂

Yup
Reply 11
well for you being the best person for ur kids
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Depends what you mean by rich. I am rich by most peoples standards, but I would not say I was wealthy. I still work full time and my pension is bad. But I have three healthy children and they are all employed and happy. ( For me their health and happiness means more than anything)
Why are people lying here, I'd rather be rich and dishonest because I'm a good lier 😂
Reply 13
So we can agree now. That everyone rather be rich and dishonest like most people are
Original post by AlishaFelicia
Why are people lying here, I'd rather be rich and dishonest because I'm a good lier 😂
well for you being the best person for ur kids

Ok to be fair my opinion once a kid gets thrown into the spanner my thoughts will likely change for their future. However whilst I'm a single pringle I'm ok with the way I think now because I only need to look after myself.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Themysticalegg
Ok to be fair my opinion once a kid gets thrown into the spanner as my thoughts will likely change for their future. However whilst I'm a single pringle I'm ok with the way I think now because I only need to look after myself.

Too right - there is some weird metamorphosis once you have kids - from being an irresponsible semi alcoholic who parties late into the night, only changes their underwear when absolutely necessary and can exist on a tube of pringles for several days, you become this school obsessed, target attaining tiger parent who will fiercely defend their little darlings to the death despite them being some throwback to Damian
Honest and poor
But the definition of poverty is subjective so I'd be rich in my sphere of thought which may not seem so to others.
Dishonest and rich, Being honest is not necessarily a good trait, nor is dishonest always bad
Reply 18
The truth can hurt people
Original post by AperfectBalance
Dishonest and rich, Being honest is not necessarily a good trait, nor is dishonest always bad
Original post by AperfectBalance

If you're too honest you will probably get taking advantage of at your own expense so it's not always a good trait I agree. Depends heavily on circumstances.

Original post by squeakysquirrel
Too right - there is some weird metamorphosis once you have kids - from being an irresponsible semi alcoholic who parties late into the night, only changes their underwear when absolutely necessary and can exist on a tube of pringles for several days, you become this school obsessed, target attaining tiger parent who will fiercely defend their little darlings to the death despite them being some throwback to Damian

Yep once I have kids I will settle down and be a good boy and maximise the amount of opportunities my kids can get, and hopefully they beat me in every single characteristic. (I'm 22 so I think I only have a few years of stupidity left in me. :lol: )

Quick Reply

Latest