Accommodation for Postgraduate (PhD) student Watch

GeoAldridge
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone,

Currently, I am a 23-year-old Masters student at Newcastle but will be moving to Leicester in September to start my PhD. I have no idea where to start when it comes to accommodation as I will be new to Leicester so don't know the good areas etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations for accommodation or areas to live? Or, even better, does anyone need a housemate from August/September onwards?

George
Last edited by GeoAldridge; 1 month ago
University of Leicester
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there,

Congratulations on your offer to study a PHD at Leicester!

At University of Leicester we have two types of accommodation available, Oadby Student Village and our City Living accommodation.

Oadby Student Village is primarily most popular with first year students, therefore City Living may be the best option for you.

City living is perfect for students that prefer to be closer to university as most of the accommodation options are just 10 minutes from campus.

You can find out more information about the City Living locations here.

There is also someone on this platform looking for a tenancy takeover that may be of interest to you, they posted yesterday (23/04/19).

If you would like any further information please do not hesitate to contact me on this thread or direct message, alternatively you can contact the accommodation team at [email protected] or +44 (0)116 252 2428

Hope this helps!

- Melissa
Last edited by University of Leicester; 4 weeks ago
Mira056
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hi!

If you’re interested in a studio I have one I need to rent starting from September?! More than willing to show you it and discuss further details! Let me know
(Original post by GeoAldridge)
Hi everyone,

Currently, I am a 23-year-old Masters student at Newcastle but will be moving to Leicester in September to start my PhD. I have no idea where to start when it comes to accommodation as I will be new to Leicester so don't know the good areas etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations for accommodation or areas to live? Or, even better, does anyone need a housemate from August/September onwards?

George
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days - #LaunchYourself at Leicester Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Jun '19
    Fri, 5 Jul '19
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.47%
The paper was reasonable (391)
46%
Not feeling great about that exam... (157)
18.47%
It was TERRIBLE (111)
13.06%

Watched Threads