Janey44
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Would love to do medicine. Does anyone know does ncl university take the distance learning access to medicine degree?

Also I am 47 am I waisting my time?? Dont want to commit to access to medicine knowing that I won’t get a look in because of my age!!

Also if I was to complete the access to medicine course do you think this could get me on the nursing degree if I am unsuccessful?

Any help appreciated !! ❤️
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Janey44)
Would love to do medicine. Does anyone know does ncl university take the distance learning access to medicine degree?

Also I am 47 am I waisting my time?? Dont want to commit to access to medicine knowing that I won’t get a look in because of my age!!

Also if I was to complete the access to medicine course do you think this could get me on the nursing degree if I am unsuccessful?

Any help appreciated !! ❤️
You are definitely not wasting your time.

We would like to answer no (to your title question), there is no "too late" in learning but...

When do you think you'll enter medical school? Do you need any extra qualifications (e.g. GCSEs / A-Levels)? Do you think you can crack the UCAT / BMAT? What about work experience?

Remember that the current retirement age is 68. Even if you trained in the specialty that has the shortest training pathway (GP) then it's still 5-6 years of medical school, 2 years of foundation training and 3 years GP specialty training. That's 10-11 years from when you start medical school, assuming you get in first time (by no means guaranteed, especially if you limit yourself to one or two med schools).

I don't know if you can get into nursing from an access to medicine course, I would think not but that's my guess (because they are fundamentally different) and I could well be wrong.
Last edited by ecolier; 1 year ago
Janey44
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Ok thanks. I think the best thing would be to ring ncl uni admissions next week and find out more. I’m not bothered at all about my age and duration of degree. Just need to find out the entry requirements too for access to medicine.

I think the access to medicine course will not be acceptable for nursing but if I fail I can do the access to he after that. Like my husband said if you have to entry requirements then why not reach for the stars!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (29)
18.59%
I'm not sure (3)
1.92%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (53)
33.97%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.92%
I'm not a current university student (68)
43.59%

Watched Threads