Intent to supply class A Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
This will be my first ever criminal charge and I'm 18 so wondering what will my punishment be. MY family is from middle class and It was a stupid choice on my part. Summoned on 6th may so what should I do ??
RoyalSheepy
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's good you've realised it was stupid. But now, suck up the punishment.
Song Quan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This will be my first ever criminal charge and I'm 18 so wondering what will my punishment be. MY family is from middle class and It was a stupid choice on my part. Summoned on 6th may so what should I do ??
There's no way to escape as you tried to get Class A drugs and police will also think your trying to give them to others. Why does 18 year old do stupid stuff? like doing drugs and alcohol or smoking?
Anonymous #1
As I said Its my firm ever criminal record and I am not your average Joe that has 2 gcses, I did well at school and currently at uni but this honestly was a stupid mistake. I was cocky and thought I could make easy money but it backfired lol
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
It's good you've realised it was stupid. But now, suck up the punishment.
I know it was stupid, any advice on what to do now??
(Original post by Song Quan)
There's no way to escape as you tried to get Class A drugs and police will also think your trying to give them to others. Why does 18 year old do stupid stuff? like doing drugs and alcohol or smoking?
idk01
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Offer the jury some blow, they might let you off.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk...deline-Web.pdf
Anonymous #1
Would the judge offer to relax my punishment if I offer to do community service unpaid and to add, I've never had a criminal charge so it's my first one so shouldn't that show that I'm not really a criminal? More so, I was remorseful when caught, I didn't cry but genuinely I didn't act like I'm above the law.
Blue_Cow
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Would the judge offer to relax my punishment if I offer to do community service unpaid and to add, I've never had a criminal charge so it's my first one so shouldn't that show that I'm not really a criminal? More so, I was remorseful when caught, I didn't cry but genuinely I didn't act like I'm above the law.
You should probably speak to your legal counsel about this.

They will know how best to proceed. Not TSR.

I don't think it's the punishment you should be worried about either - more so the effect this is going to have when it comes to employers who perform background checks in the future (depending on the industry you want to get into)
Last edited by Blue_Cow; 4 weeks ago
idk01
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Were you just selling to your mates or was it on a bigger scale and how much did you have? Also, have you regularly supplied drugs before?
Big kaks og
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
worst outcome would be a jail sentence but its would be a few months if your behaviour is good.depends what the judge think he could take in account that's it's your first offence but he might suggest a custodial sentence due to it being class a
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
doodle_333
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You tried to make easy money by selling hard drugs so you are really a criminal. As demonstrated by your court summons.

Of course you regretted it when you got caught.

I would really stop repeating about how you're middle class and have good grades cos you sound massively entitled and seem to think that should mean you don't get punished. What it should mean is that you weren't forced into a gang, struggling to feed yourself, etc which can lead someone down the wrong path. You had a good life and made the wrong choices all by yourself

By all means show contrition and regret but you still committed a serious crime.
SalazarSlytherin
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How tf did you get caught?
Anonymous #1
Plain clothed officer
(Original post by SalazarSlytherin)
How tf did you get caught?
That'sGreat
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The sale of class A drugs funds bigger crimes such as human and sex trafficking. Hopefully you'll think about it, but from the looks of it you probably don't care.
Anonymous #1
I know it damages people like drug addicts for example. However I didn't think about them, I was only doing it do benefit myself. I am remorseful honestly
(Original post by That'sGreat)
The sale of class A drugs funds bigger crimes such as human and sex trafficking. Hopefully you'll think about it, but from the looks of it you probably don't care.
That'sGreat
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I know it damages people like drug addicts for example. However I didn't think about them, I was only doing it do benefit myself. I am remorseful honestly
Drug addicts are the bottom of the totem pole, they aren't innocent. Children and women who are stolen and trafficked for sex and slavery are the innocent people who you have helped condemn to a life of misery and rape.

You are not remorseful, you have done nothing to prove it except make excuses to such as 'I am not your average Joe that has 2 gcses, I did well at school and currently at uni but this honestly was a stupid mistake. I was cocky and thought I could make easy money but it backfired lol', the 'lol' is a particular highlight of how little care you have for the victims of your crimes. The fact you've asked people for advice on how to alleviate the punishment only goes to show you are still only thinking for yourself.

Either way, your future is ruined and you will struggle to find any sort of career. I doubt you went to that good a uni to begin with, though if you had maybe that would have been better - because you would have lost even more because of your actions.
Last edited by That'sGreat; 4 weeks ago
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maximum prison sentence is 7 years, you could also be hit with an unlimited fine alongside or separately. This being your first offence will help you but drug supply is a very serious crime. As others have said, it's your future you should be thinking about. You can do your time in a YOI/prison, pay a fine etc but it'll stay on your record for life. The impact it will have on your future is massive.

I'm also not sure why you think being middle class makes a difference to what you've done, if anything it's worse as you weren't living in poverty or struggling to feed a family or pay the bills. You had many different options yet still chose to commit a crime.
Grizwuld
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If your "middle class" I'm surprised that's not already been taken care of!

Any lawyer worth his/her salt would have already explained:

1] exactly what will be happening next

2] prepared an action plan and explained your part

3] instructed you not to talk or discuss this matter with anyone but your lawyer, including your family and the police and especially the press. Comments like: "As I said Its my firm ever criminal record and I am not your average Joe that has 2 gcses, I did well at school and currently at uni but this honestly was a stupid mistake. I was cocky and thought I could make easy money but it backfired lol" should be worth an extra six months at least.

n.b. if anyone is planning to be a lawyer this is the sort of client you get to pay in advance add an extra grand just to be sure.

Perhaps you may wish to reassess your position for the rest of the weekend and you know what you have to do first thing Tuesday morning. You may also wish to research your institution's attitude to this sort of thing or you may have to change your status from "currently at uni" to "doing time".

Still if your 'decorative' enough your time might not be too bad just sting a little. Perhaps others on here may know more about that and life inside. I have been to prison myself many times but they always let me out so l'm a little vague about the nightlife.

Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Grizwuld)
If your "middle class" I'm surprised that's not already been taken care of!

Any lawyer worth his/her salt would have already explained:

1] exactly what will be happening next

2] prepared an action plan and explained your part

3] instructed you not to talk or discuss this matter with anyone but your lawyer, including your family and the police and especially the press. Comments like: "As I said Its my firm ever criminal record and I am not your average Joe that has 2 gcses, I did well at school and currently at uni but this honestly was a stupid mistake. I was cocky and thought I could make easy money but it backfired lol" should be worth an extra six months at least.

n.b. if anyone is planning to be a lawyer this is the sort of client you get to pay in advance add an extra grand just to be sure.

Perhaps you may wish to reassess your position for the rest of the weekend and you know what you have to do first thing Tuesday morning. You may also wish to research your institution's attitude to this sort of thing or you may have to change your status from "currently at uni" to "doing time".

Still if your 'decorative' enough your time might not be too bad just sting a little. Perhaps others on here may know more about that and life inside. I have been to prison myself many times but they always let me out so l'm a little vague about the nightlife.
People don't normally seek legal advice when they're going to a magistrates'.
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
You should probably speak to your legal counsel about this.

They will know how best to proceed. Not TSR.

I don't think it's the punishment you should be worried about either - more so the effect this is going to have when it comes to employers who perform background checks in the future (depending on the industry you want to get into)
As above, for magistrates' you normally just get a summons. Walk in, sit down, get ya fine and then walk out. You don't need legal counsel, unlike the Crown Court.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (179)
22.83%
The paper was reasonable (366)
46.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (146)
18.62%
It was TERRIBLE (93)
11.86%

Watched Threads