Midlands Integrative Biosciences Training Partnership (MIBTP) Students 2019

Watch
GeoAldridge
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi everyone,

Was just wondering if there are any current MIBTP PhD students who have any tips for the 1st "training" year of the programme?

Also, any MIBTP students starting in September (or current students) who want to look for a house or need a housemate just let me know.

George
jscivs
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by GeoAldridge)
Hi everyone,

Was just wondering if there are any current MIBTP PhD students who have any tips for the 1st "training" year of the programme?

Also, any MIBTP students starting in September (or current students) who want to look for a house or need a housemate just let me know.

George
Hello,

I am also on the programme (but at Birmingham), it would still be nice to talk to someone in the same boat though!

Jessica
poobrain01
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, when did you find out that you got accepted if you don't mind me asking?
(Original post by jscivs)
Hello,

I am also on the programme (but at Birmingham), it would still be nice to talk to someone in the same boat though!

Jessica
GeoAldridge
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there,

I had my interview (over Skype) on the 27th Feb and found out on the 14th March that they were offering me the position (with the condition that I complete my Masters).

Mine was one of the iCASE projects though so the "normal" PhD projects might be slightly different

Hope that sort of helped?
(Original post by poobrain01)
Hi, when did you find out that you got accepted if you don't mind me asking?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Hi everyone,

George
Hi congratulations. Could you please say what the interview was like? Did you have a maths test? I’m still waiting for mine and I’m very nervous!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Hi there,

I had my interview (over Skype) on the 27th Feb and found out on the 14th March that they were offering me the position (with the condition that I complete my Masters).

Mine was one of the iCASE projects though so the "normal" PhD projects might be slightly different

Hope that sort of helped?
What was the interview like? Was it intense or more like a chat?
Yle_e
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I would have more informations about the program. How is it? Do you like it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.14%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (30)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (30)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (27)
14.84%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (49)
26.92%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.13%

Watched Threads