Did this guy lead my friend on? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My friend met a guy on Tinder who often worked abroad. He was back for 3 months but then was going to be away for 5 months after that. They talked for weeks online and on the phone and both said they felt some sort of amazing connection. They were planning romantic weekends together and he even told his family about her and vice versa. I don't think they had discussed things but I think she assumed they were going to see how long-distance went. He talked about them doing stuff "when he was back". Anyway she said that the very last time she saw him he just gave her a very quick peck and said "see you soon." She later texted him asking about his intentions for them and he said "I like you but I'm going away for a while so I don't want a relationship right now, don't expect you to wait around for me, it's not fair on either of us." He also asked her to pay back half the money for hotels, food etc. Totalling almost £300. She feels used and like it was his intention all along just to have a quick fling. What do others think? I don't really know what to make of it.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My friend met a guy on Tinder who often worked abroad. He was back for 3 months but then was going to be away for 5 months after that. They talked for weeks online and on the phone and both said they felt some sort of amazing connection. They were planning romantic weekends together and he even told his family about her and vice versa. I don't think they had discussed things but I think she assumed they were going to see how long-distance went. He talked about them doing stuff "when he was back". Anyway she said that the very last time she saw him he just gave her a very quick peck and said "see you soon." She later texted him asking about his intentions for them and he said "I like you but I'm going away for a while so I don't want a relationship right now, don't expect you to wait around for me, it's not fair on either of us." He also asked her to pay back half the money for hotels, food etc. Totalling almost £300. She feels used and like it was his intention all along just to have a quick fling. What do others think? I don't really know what to make of it.
At some stage he decided he wasnt that into her and cut his losses. He may have met someone else or been talking to several at a time.

Unless it was the understanding she should pay for half the food and hotels, then have doubts about that. I bet if she tinder stalked him he is still going as free and single.
Jasyy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
To be honest she should pay him back and leave it as that. Its his loss
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Dating is full of pitfalls. Forget Tinder, forget long term with people you barely know. Work, hobbies, friends do friends and the right local pubs are the best bet.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (52)
5.69%
Fairly positive (288)
31.51%
Just another year... (357)
39.06%
Is it 2020 yet? (217)
23.74%

Watched Threads