WJEC Poetry Anthology Predictions English Literature 2019 Watch

Coolkitkat23
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
yeah i talked about 'sneer of cold command' and how art cannot immortalise power. though i really hated loss, just w h y! i loved macbeth so much, i believe the grade boundaries are going to be really high though...
(Original post by jscgr)
i banged on about ozymandias for comparison tbh! both dealt with loss that was uncontrollable and unexpected that couldn't be reversed, as well as that both poems used imagery to signify loss (e.g. the flickering lamp, foggy london in a wife and the lone, bare sands stretching far away as well as "nothing besides remains" in ozymandias), main point was that irony was present in both losses because the husband's letter arrived after his death, and ozymandias ultimately lost the power he was so confident about. the actual analysing of a wife was absolutely shambolic though, they really ****ed us over

merchant of venice .................. let's not
jodie...111
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
compared it to as imperceptibly as grief, couldn’t make many points, just said that as imperceptibly dealt with loss of past happiness with a wife in London dealing with loss of future happiness with her husband🤷🏻*♀️
NEED HELP 4 GSCE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
loll glad i'm not the only 1
i also did imperceptibly as grief
(Original post by jodie...111)
compared it to as imperceptibly as grief, couldn’t make many points, just said that as imperceptibly dealt with loss of past happiness with a wife in London dealing with loss of future happiness with her husband🤷🏻*♀️
aaranpatel0811
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by JackDM24)
Anyone else compare to Death of a Naturalist or just me?
Waffled on A LOT about loss of childhood innocence 😂😂
i did
Book_Lover28
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
For paper 2 of the English literature course, how many questions come up for each text? I know there is 2 questions on unseen poetry, however how many come up for A Christmas Carol and An Inspector Calls?
aaranpatel0811
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
1 extract question each
(Original post by Book_Lover28)
For paper 2 of the English literature course, how many questions come up for each text? I know there is 2 questions on unseen poetry, however how many come up for A Christmas Carol and An Inspector Calls?
adamalikhan
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
tbh i think that the paper 1 questions were quite easy for some people. so i think the poetry is gonna be hard, im predicting Tissue for named poem
adamalikhan
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
tbh i think that the paper 1 questions were quite easy for some people. so i think the poetry is gonna be hard, im predicting Tissue for named poem. for an inspector calls im not sure about
ok123y
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Book_Lover28)
It is one 45min question for each text- it’s like the essay and extract question being combined.
For example, for An Inspector Calls it could say
“Write about how the character of Sheila Birling is presented in the following extract and in other parts of the play”
You would first write an introduction and then you could talk about the extract in the next paragraph and then write about other parts Sheila is presented in the play and then finally a conclusion
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ok123y
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
And I think you need context for ACC but it isn’t necessary for An Inspector calls (but it can be useful to add some context anyway to show understanding which is AO1)
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Hiro2468
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by ok123y)
And I think you need context for ACC but it isn’t necessary for An Inspector calls (but it can be useful to add some context anyway to show understanding which is AO1)
That's good(>~< ) I thought you wouldn't get marks at all for mentioning context
Lauren-lingz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 21 hours ago
Predictions for AIC and ACC ? x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (388)
26.02%
The paper was reasonable (643)
43.13%
Not feeling great about that exam (297)
19.92%
It was TERRIBLE (163)
10.93%

Watched Threads