The Student Room Group

Rejected twice for vet med advice

So I have applied twice for veterinary medicine and been rejected both times. Is it worth trying again, or should I look at the graduate route in?
If you get the grades this summer then definitely worth applying again as the graduate route is even more difficult. I'm very happy to communicate privately and advise you as best I can if you decide to try for a third time. Just drop me a PM.

Original post by VictiniCup
So I have applied twice for veterinary medicine and been rejected both times. Is it worth trying again, or should I look at the graduate route in?
Do you meet the entry requirements? Which universities did you apply for? Can you include more information about your grades and work experience?

Without knowing anything else about you, I can say that if your heart is set on Veterinary Medicine, then it is always worth applying again. But if there are other professions you want to go into, then it might not be worth it. Only you can say.

Have you asked the universities why they rejected you? If you are committed to this course then you can use their ideas to improve your application next time.
Reply 3
Original post by louisvbird
Do you meet the entry requirements? Which universities did you apply for? Can you include more information about your grades and work experience?

Without knowing anything else about you, I can say that if your heart is set on Veterinary Medicine, then it is always worth applying again. But if there are other professions you want to go into, then it might not be worth it. Only you can say.

Have you asked the universities why they rejected you? If you are committed to this course then you can use their ideas to improve your application next time.

At the moment no, currently resitting.
I'm a grad and I've also been rejected 2 times now. I'd also appriciate some advice.
Rejected twice from Surrey, both times due to questionairee scores. Took two different approaches both times, but it didn't matter.
Rejected from Bristol because of the WEPAPA form.
and Rejected from RVC after an interview which I thought went really well.

I'm gonna give it one last shot here and then go abroad if I fail to get in again.
Original post by Nessie162
I'm a grad and I've also been rejected 2 times now. I'd also appriciate some advice.
Rejected twice from Surrey, both times due to questionairee scores. Took two different approaches both times, but it didn't matter.
Rejected from Bristol because of the WEPAPA form.
and Rejected from RVC after an interview which I thought went really well.

I'm gonna give it one last shot here and then go abroad if I fail to get in again.

The same goes, if you want any specific application advice, even if only to chat through interview stuff before interviews, just drop me a PM.
Honestly I'd wait and see what you resit results are before making any quick decisions. If you decide to take the graduate route, there will be plenty of good animal science/ bioveterinary science courses available through clearing.

Heres my story:
- I applied to gateway at sixth form (school changed my subjects and withdrew application)
- Applied again whilst re-sitting (liverpool interview then rejection)
- Applied again whilst working and debating resits (if interviews received) - heard nothing so started biovet in 2016.

Id been working as a veterinary assistant during this time and keeping up work experience and had correct predicted grades but no luck.
- This year applied RVC 4 and 5yr, Surrey and Bristol 4yr as now in my final year of Biovet.
- Lucky enough to receive offers for RVC 5yr and Bristol 4yr starting 2020.

If you really really want this, don't give up.. It will happen eventually!!

Grad entry is not any easier and there is a cost associated with it - so unless money isn't an issue for you, if you get the grades this summer, I would make a third application :smile:

We have a long career ahead of us! I've been applying since 18 and will be 27 when I finally start and 31/32 when I graduate depending which school I choose. I'm just happy to have been given a chance at the career I've worked so hard to enter :smile:

..sorry this is so long, but hopefully it will help with your motivation. If you want to dm me at all, feel free
Original post by animalmagic
The same goes, if you want any specific application advice, even if only to chat through interview stuff before interviews, just drop me a PM.

Thanks, will definitely do when applying again:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending