No real friends :( Watch

mrpopsicle
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
yeah what the title says really

i left my school at the end of year 9 to go to another school for gcses. since then, i've absoluley failed at making any real friends. i find myself constantly trying to find ways to avoid the canteen at break and lunch because i basically have nobody to hang out with. i do talk to people but no one to truly talk about my life, issues, etc and i just feel so alone.

i had a group of really really good friends until i left at the end of year 9, and they all kinda slowly drifted away. the only people i really to talk to outside of school are my online friends and family but even then i've drifted away from them all too recently :/

anyone feel similarly and wanna to chat?
barror1
  • Study Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Welcome to The Student Room! We're all here for you :grouphugs:
You like hamsters?
mrpopsicle
Rep:
?
ooh yes i've always wanted one haha! they're sooooooooooo cuteeee
(Original post by barror1)
Welcome to The Student Room! We're all here for you :grouphugs:
You like hamsters?
Betty706
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
dont worry bro lots of stuff has happened to me too. it all gets better eventually!
(Original post by mrpopsicle)

i left my school at the end of year 9 to go to another school for gcses. since then, i've absoluley failed at making any real friends. i find myself constantly trying to find ways to avoid the canteen at break and lunch because i basically have nobody to hang out with. i do talk to people but no one to truly talk about my life, issues, etc and i just feel so alone.

i had a group of really really good friends until i left at the end of year 9, and they all kinda slowly drifted away. the only people i really to talk to outside of school are my online friends and family but even then i've drifted away from them all too recently :/

barror1
  • Study Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
CoolCavy I found a person for the group. They seem great :lazy:
arieslover
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Student room has given me confident in ways to act like myself....like you should do act like yourself...if the people don't like you for who you are then they are horrible and dumb enough not to understand your personality...i don't know you personally but i had the same experience like that at one point but now my surroundings has completely changes and i have found my proper true friends...thats what you need to do now....hunt for the right friends more like siblings....your life will be at peace...trust me...PM if you want any other advice.
Nx23
Badges: 10
Report 4 weeks ago
Heyy i'll be your friend, ik and can understand how u feel not being able to share how u feelings with anyone and what your going through message me on here on private and add me on my socials x
sknudson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Always remember that in these situations you're evolving as a person. Whatever reason you're drifting away from the former regulars in your life will eventually bring you those you'll say are your currents. Never stop your progression.
mrpopsicle
Rep:
?
thanks you don't know how much it helps to hear this
(Original post by arieslover)
Student room has given me confident in ways to act like myself....like you should do act like yourself...if the people don't like you for who you are then they are horrible and dumb enough not to understand your personality...i don't know you personally but i had the same experience like that at one point but now my surroundings has completely changes and i have found my proper true friends...thats what you need to do now....hunt for the right friends more like siblings....your life will be at peace...trust me...PM if you want any other advice.
CoolCavy
  • Chat Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You're always welcome on TSR :hugs: have met most of my friends through here :tsr:

(Original post by barror1)
CoolCavy I found a person for the group. They seem great :lazy:
MrP if you want to join here is the link :ninja:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=4728
Cxesar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFp_kJtHs2s Watch this video from this life coach only 722 subs but his advice is absolute gold

CHANELDIAMONDS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i talk to people of tsr more than my actual friends. all they do is study and gossip and eat
Betty706
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CHANEL&DIAMONDS)
i talk to people of tsr more than my actual friends. all they do is study and gossip and eat
cant blame you, I hate people that eat...
mrpopsicle
Rep:
?
wow thanks, his videos are great - worth a sub
(Original post by Cxesar)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFp_kJtHs2s Watch this video from this life coach only 722 subs but his advice is absolute gold
mrpopsicle
Rep:
?
ugh i hate it when ppl gossip and talk behind other ppl's back, like would you like it if people did that to you?
(Original post by CHANEL&DIAMONDS)
arieslover
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
thanks you don't know how much it helps to hear this
Your welcome huni i am here to help.
arieslover
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
True true
ugh i hate it when ppl gossip and talk behind other ppl's back, like would you like it if people did that to you?
The Mogg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well, in all honestly people I have met in TSR are much better than most people I know in the real world, no offence to any real life friends that are somehow reading this.
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
Well, in all honestly people I have met in TSR are much better than most people I know in the real world, no offence to any real life friends that are somehow reading this.
I totally agree
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
To no one in particular.
But then on TSR, people can be themselves. They hide behind a screen (not trying to be negative) so they can go back to their real lives without effect. There’s no peer pressure or reason to be fake, hence people are nice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (61)
16.35%
The paper was reasonable (191)
51.21%
Not feeling great about that exam... (80)
21.45%
It was TERRIBLE (41)
10.99%

Watched Threads