my wife abuses me how do i stand up to her Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am involved in a lesbian relationship and at early days we got along tremendously and so I was in love. travel forward 7 years later and now im in a dark place. I drink every night to escape my pain but it gets worse. I constantly have night terrors. this is all down to the fact that my wife continuously beats me whenever she is in a bad mood. please give advice
sfaraj
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
break up? its clearly a toxic relationship, cut it off and if it gets worse call a domestic abuse organisation or women help centre or something like that. you might want to drag the police in but they dont do much, just hold them in a cell for a bit and then release them later and give u some leaflets
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
http://www.nationaldomesticviolencehelpline.org.uk/
katf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Women's aid should be able to offer advice and support. This is outside my area of expertise though.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
esralled
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Call the police, move out and stay with family, block all contact with her, only communicate through lawyers. Get out of that relationship before she kills you.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Call the domestic violence helpline for advice. Meanwhile, you need to separate and live somewhere else while you work out your options .
ltsmith
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
police
Violet1979
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's extremely difficult to break away from an abusive relationship and unless you've experienced the trauma and pain that a victim of domestic abuse has endured it's difficult to understand the mindset of the person who willingly stays especvially when they recognise that they are being abused. There is an addictive cycle of abuse that keeps the victim from leaving. Rejection, reward, rejection reward. It becomes normal and accepted as the life you chose. I read a quote that really stuck with me and I hope it helps you too. I can't remember exactly the words bit it's something like this.... if you put a frog in boiling water suddenly it will jump out...if you put the frog in tepid water and slowly bring to the boil it will not perceive the danger and slowly boil to death. You know yourself you should jump but you've become so accustomed to this life that it's become acceptable. You've reached out on a forum about your situation wihich should tell you how unhappy and dissatisfied you are. Its never acceptable to allow someone to harm you...You should remember your value as a person with emotions, and valid thoughts and feelings that should be heard and respected. Anyone who harms you physically or emotionally doesn't care for you. My advice for you wouod be start making plans to break away from the rrelationship, reconnect with friends, put money aside, and start to build a life outside of the relationship so that when the time is right for you to leave you have financial indepence and a support network that will help you through what will be a challenging and distressing time in your life. You are clinging on to the person you thought you knew at the start of the relationship when you got on tremendously but accepting that you're not going to see that side of your partner again is a good step in moving on. You will meet someone worthy and accepting of you and even if you don't....wouldn't it feel good to wake up in the morning free from anxiety and dread.sorry for the long post but I know exactly what you're going through....and sympathise with your situation. There is always a way out
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (195)
22.65%
The paper was reasonable (394)
45.76%
Not feeling great about that exam... (158)
18.35%
It was TERRIBLE (114)
13.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise