A levels Watch

sunflower69
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi

I was thinking of doing maths, physics and computer science at A-level to go on to do CS at uni, but I’m not sure how much I’d like a cs related career. Then I thought I wanted to go into aerospace engineering are these a levels suitable for those or what else could I go on to do?

Do these a levels work well together?

The careers adviser at my school is garbage
Retsek
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Can't go wrong with those a-levels my dude, keeps pretty much every door open for you
_.angelica._
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m not a careers expert but I think that is a good combination. For aerospace I think you need just maths and physics, and for cs maths and computing but I’d check uni prospectuses for the courses you want to do to make sure you meet the subject requirements. 😊
entertainmyfaith
  • Study Forum Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
yeah, that combo seems fine to me
Emma:-)
  • Entertainment Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by _.angelica._)
I’m not a careers expert but I think that is a good combination. For aerospace I think you need just maths and physics, and for cs maths and computing but I’d check uni prospectuses for the courses you want to do to make sure you meet the subject requirements. 😊
I agree.
Check the unis requirements just to be sure.
Grizwuld
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by _.angelica._)

(Original post by Emma:-)
I agree.
Check the unis requirements just to be sure.

I definitely agree. Always go to the source - the water is more refreshing!
asdfrty
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I was in the same situation as you when I was deciding my A-levels and ended up doing the same as you. There are so many courses you could go into with that combination of subjects.

In regards to engineering, I have applied for aerospace engineering courses and will hopefully be studying it at uni this year.

All the best to you!
(Original post by sunflower69)
Hi

I was thinking of doing maths, physics and computer science at A-level to go on to do CS at uni, but I’m not sure how much I’d like a cs related career. Then I thought I wanted to go into aerospace engineering are these a levels suitable for those or what else could I go on to do?

Do these a levels work well together?

The careers adviser at my school is garbage
noodlewater
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ok so I know a bunch of people who chose that combination, and they're all going to study maths, astrophysics, engineering, computer science, basically anything science related. Just make sure you really REALLY want to pursue sciences as there's (probably) no option for you to change to a humanities subject at uni.
As long as you LOVE maths and you get very good grades in those subjects, you will be fine and have a LOT of options in any science-related field.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 20 May '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How has 2019 been so far?