Why people feel the need to create a private Instagram account for drinking? Watch

RandomTennisfan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’ve noticed that it’s becoming a trend to create a private Instagram account just to post drunk pics, in some attempt to validate yourself. I go out and have fun but I don’t know why people create a private Instagram account, understandable if they wanted to keep their Instagram private in general but this isn’t the case. Maybe it’s the university I’m at.
bfm.mcdermott
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I didn't realise people did.
A lot of people think drinking is cool and make a big deal out of it by posting drunk pics/having a drunk account.
They'll grow out of it and realise drinking - whilst not necessarily a bad thing - isn't 'cool'.
username4454836
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Employers do look at social media accounts even if they aren't supposed to.

I had one comment on my love of Wu-Tang Clan, I got the job
RandomTennisfan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Yeah it’s a trend with a lot of people at my uni, nothing cool or special about getting drunk lol. It’s just people trying to convince others they are “fun” to be around.
(Original post by bfm.mcdermott)
A lot of people think drinking is cool and make a big deal out of it by posting drunk pics/having a drunk account.
They'll grow out of it and realise drinking - whilst not necessarily a bad thing - isn't 'cool'.
Last edited by RandomTennisfan; 2 weeks ago
Ben Stirling
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RandomTennisfan)
I’ve noticed that it’s becoming a trend to create a private Instagram account just to post drunk pics, in some attempt to validate yourself. I go out and have fun but I don’t know why people create a private Instagram account, understandable if they wanted to keep their Instagram private in general but this isn’t the case. Maybe it’s the university I’m at.
If you don’t mind me asking: what uni?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Gent2324
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah it’s a trend with a lot of people at my uni, nothing cool or special about getting drunk lol. It’s just people trying to convince others they are a “fun” to be around.
if they were trying to convinces others they wouldnt have a private insta...

i agree with you slightly tho, sure, some people do it for attention, but my friends do it because they have embarrassing moments they want to share with their close friends, the kind of embarrasing moment only close friends laugh about.
Gent2324
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bfm.mcdermott)
regardless of whether it actually is cool or not, everyone thought you were the **** if you drank aged 13-15, 16 and over no one cares anymore
Jenx301
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I have never heard of this happening and nobody I know has an insta account for drinking lol
Moe_00
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I know what you mean, have seen it some people from my sixth form do it. They're kinda irritating but seem to be to share stuff with other people that were at the party. As someone that doesn't go to many they just look daft tbh
RandomTennisfan
Rep:
?
That’s something I haven’t considered tbf.
(Original post by Gent2324)
if they were trying to convinces others they wouldnt have a private insta...

i agree with you slightly tho, sure, some people do it for attention, but my friends do it because they have embarrassing moments they want to share with their close friends, the kind of embarrasing moment only close friends laugh about.
RandomTennisfan
Rep:
?
Yeah I hadn’t either until university when it started happening and becoming “cool”
(Original post by Jenx301)
I have never heard of this happening and nobody I know has an insta account for drinking lol
RandomTennisfan
Rep:
?
It’s Solent University which gets a lot of flack on here for its reputation, for my course Journalism however, is held in high regard.
(Original post by Ben Stirling)
If you don’t mind me asking: what uni?
Royal Oak
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I must be getting old. There are so many things I hear about on TSR that the young people are doing and I had no idea any of it was going on. I'm only 23. But anyway, how sad. I just don't understand the point.
Jenx301
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think it might just be your uni/course.... I have been to uni and nobody did this!
Yeah I hadn’t either until university when it started happening and becoming “cool”
JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't know why someone would have an instagram account in general, unless self-obsessed
RandomTennisfan
Rep:
?
Must be lmao
(Original post by Jenx301)
I think it might just be your uni/course.... I have been to uni and nobody did this!
RandomTennisfan
Rep:
?
Instagram is good to create memories, however for people who post all the time, then that is leading on to being self-obsessed. Not the biggest fan of the app, but I see its use.
(Original post by JamesManc)
I don't know why someone would have an instagram account in general, unless self-obsessed
Last edited by RandomTennisfan; 3 weeks ago
RandomTennisfan
Rep:
?
Yeah I think there’s this pressure from social media/society to fit in and be cool these days. I agree that it’s pretty stupid, if I said something other than on here I think I’d ruffle up a few people so hopefully my identity isn’t uncovered.
(Original post by Royal Oak)
I must be getting old. There are so many things I hear about on TSR that the young people are doing and I had no idea any of it was going on. I'm only 23. But anyway, how sad. I just don't understand the point.
Last edited by RandomTennisfan; 3 weeks ago
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The real cool is supping on your own and passing out in a puddle of your own shite.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (39)
5.72%
Fairly positive (227)
33.28%
Just another year... (270)
39.59%
Is it 2020 yet? (146)
21.41%

Watched Threads