I’m always left out Watch

username4605554
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m starting school again in two days, I’m in year 10 & currently IM DREADING IT!

I don’t hate the education part of school; it’s something that I enjoy (most of the time)
However the thing that keeps me from wanting to go to school ever again is friendships.

I constantly feel left out within my friendship group, I really only like a couple of them but the rest I don’t hate I just don’t have a connection with them and we just don’t click. But it’s like we’re forced to be friends.
Now here’s the hard part, normally if I wasn’t close to any of them I would’ve just went my separate way, however I’m close with one of them and she really like this friendship group but she pretends like she doesn’t, she makes us sit with them and talk to them and when this starts I’m immediately left out.

I just sit there awkwardly and listen to what they say, and I join in but I’m just ignored or just brushed aside. It’s honestly so painful to sit there and be constantly left out.

I don’t mind them when I talk to them one on one but when they all come together it’s like a toxic bubble of who’s better than the other.

I honestly want to leave but when I do, either
1) my friend asks where I’m going and what’s wrong and would make a big deal
2) everyone stops their conversation and just stares at me.. it’s kinda embarrassing and would also make a big deal as they’re such drama queens

I’ve tried to talk to them about it countless times, but it’s never worked. I honestly don’t want to be their friend as I just don’t believe a good friendship group would leave you out.
But I don’t know what I’d do if I just stopped hanging out with them and where would I go..

Generally I just have no idea what to do, it’s extremely toxic for me to stay in that friendship group however it’s also really hard to just leave a group I’ve been with nearly since the start of school!

I can’t wait to leave highschool and this is one of the reasons, I wanna leave and never see anyone again and never look back.

Please give me some advice I rlly don’t know what to do 😂😭
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Corps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It’s a shame that these things happen, how do the people that you’re close to fit into this group? If they feel a similar way to you then maybe it’s worth breaking off from the larger group. If anything, I think it’s important that you’ve realised how problematic this is. A friend and I were part of a pretty toxic group and neither of us really realised that we were being treated like ****. It took me finding people who actually liked hearing what I had to say and an intervention from nearly half of the group who were were also getting pretty ticked off for me to realise that I deserved way better. Unfortunately, this also meant losing touch with the people in that group that I really appreciated which upsets me to this day but it was so worth it. If you have to walk away then do it. I was sitting between two groups for ages, I don’t understand why I didn’t leave those other girls earlier, it was like some hierarchical rubbish. If there are any people that you see potential friendships with, perhaps they’re worth investing fully into. The friend I referred to earlier stayed in the group a couple of months longer than I did and as a result, although she had friends, she didn’t have a group all throughout sixth form, I wish I’d have noticed but I thought she was happy in the group, so as I said it might be worth checking how other people feel about the set up, maybe staging some sort of intervention of your own. Have you noticed them ignoring anyone else? I hope I could help and good luck!!
username4605554
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Corps)
It’s a shame that these things happen, how do the people that you’re close to fit into this group? If they feel a similar way to you then maybe it’s worth breaking off from the larger group. If anything, I think it’s important that you’ve realised how problematic this is. A friend and I were part of a pretty toxic group and neither of us really realised that we were being treated like ****. It took me finding people who actually liked hearing what I had to say and an intervention from nearly half of the group who were were also getting pretty ticked off for me to realise that I deserved way better. Unfortunately, this also meant losing touch with the people in that group that I really appreciated which upsets me to this day but it was so worth it. If you have to walk away then do it. I was sitting between two groups for ages, I don’t understand why I didn’t leave those other girls earlier, it was like some hierarchical rubbish. If there are any people that you see potential friendships with, perhaps they’re worth investing fully into. The friend I referred to earlier stayed in the group a couple of months longer than I did and as a result, although she had friends, she didn’t have a group all throughout sixth form, I wish I’d have noticed but I thought she was happy in the group, so as I said it might be worth checking how other people feel about the set up, maybe staging some sort of intervention of your own. Have you noticed them ignoring anyone else? I hope I could help and good luck!!
Heyy Thankyou so much for the help,
Yes I often notice some of the girls being left out quite a lot, but everytime I asked about it they’re reluctant to really acknowledge how much they’re being left out and act like I just asked a really stupid question. Generally they like to suck up to the two “leaders” of the group, who I honestly couldn’t care less about. I’m thinking of just removing myself slowly and slowly and just going to the library to study seeing as I have exams soon and I’m not willing to sacrifice my grades for a group of friends that don’t have my best interests at heart. But I’m hesitant 😕
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (179)
22.86%
The paper was reasonable (366)
46.74%
Not feeling great about that exam... (145)
18.52%
It was TERRIBLE (93)
11.88%

Watched Threads