Failed test - driving test ideal time Watch

criptonight
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Bit of a long one sorry xD)

So, I, unfortunately, failed my first test. Was an 'excellent drive' said the examiner but I got 1 major and that was at a roundabout:
I was taking the second exit (straight ahead), so needed to be on the left-hand lane but just before you come on there are three lanes (middle for straight ahead). I came onto the roundabout but I was about to go into the inside lane, so I quickly moved over to the outside lane. I've never done anything like that before and I was 100% going to pass the first time but nerves got the better of me. I had one minor at the time but I got into a muddle with my gears just after I ****ed up the roundabout, so I got a minor there and two others cause I just was so annoyed and worried and thought I'd failed so in total I ended up with 3 minors & 1 major.
There was no one on the roundabout at the time, and I didn't put anyone into danger at all (roundabout was empty and the roads were so quiet) - and the examiner said I did something that could have been serious, but that I am a good driver and he could tell I was nervous and to keep going as he is sure I will pass next time, so my instructor thought he could've let me off. Buuuuuuuuut... I can't and won't get angry at the examiner for my mistake and stupidity as I "gave him the rope to hang me with" (but I do think he could've let me off lol my friend did a very similar thing with him in busier traffic and he passed her).
What do you think?
And finally lol my test has been rebooked but I was just wondering what is a good time for a test? I had it at 1:35 last time and the roads were fine but the next 1:35 is ages away and I'm not prepared to wait. So what times are good for a driving test? Currently got one at 9:07 and I am confident in my ability to drive at all times but like cmon, if I want to lower my chances of paying another £62, I will lol.
Last edited by criptonight; 1 month ago
pon1de2replay3
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
depends on whether its in the holidays or a school day but i did mine at 11:11 in a half term and it was perfect as not too much traffic and the examiner wanted to get away for lunch quickly once i finished so she didn't seem too bothered about anything i did wrong at the end (i passed first time)
(Original post by criptonight)
(Bit of a long one sorry xD)

So, I, unfortunately, failed my first test. Was an 'excellent drive' said the examiner but I got 1 major and that was at a roundabout:
I was taking the second exit (straight ahead), so needed to be on the left-hand lane but just before you come on there are three lanes (middle for straight ahead). I came onto the roundabout but I was about to go into the inside lane, so I quickly moved over to the outside lane. I've never done anything like that before and I was 100% going to pass the first time but nerves got the better of me. I had one minor at the time but I got into a muddle with my gears just after I ****ed up the roundabout, so I got a minor there and two others cause I just was so annoyed and worried and thought I'd failed so in total I ended up with 3 minors & 1 major.
There was no one on the roundabout at the time, and I didn't put anyone into danger at all (roundabout was empty and the roads were so quiet) - and the examiner said 'I'm a good driver but he could tell I was nervous and that he can't pass me when I did something that could have been serious' so my instructor thought he could've let me off. Buuuuuuuuut... I can't get angry at the examiner for my mistake and stupidity as I "gave him the rope to hang me with" (but I do think he could've let me off lol my friend did a very similar thing with him in busier traffic and he passed her).
What do you think?
And finally lol my test has been rebooked but I was just wondering what is a good time for a test? I had it at 1:35 last time and the roads were fine but the next 1:35 is ages away and I'm not prepared to wait. So what times are good for a driving test? Currently got one at 9:07 and I am confident in my ability to drive at all times but like cmon, if I want to lower my chances of paying another £62, I will lol.
criptonight
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by pon1de2replay3)
depends on whether its in the holidays or a school day but i did mine at 11:11 in a half term and it was perfect as not too much traffic and the examiner wanted to get away for lunch quickly once i finished so she didn't seem too bothered about anything i did wrong at the end (i passed first time)
Ahh ok thanks and it will be during school time most probably
Steph4
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just avoid rush hour times like 7-9am and 4-6pm which would be the best but i don't think it will impact your driving that much as the examiner said you are an excellent driver.

Good luck with your next test!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (263)
15.29%
The paper was reasonable (958)
55.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (370)
21.51%
It was TERRIBLE (129)
7.5%

Watched Threads